Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a "new" old perfume that you have re-discovered?

@CANDLEQUEEN 

Do they not make it any more --- or did the formula change?  I experienced this with a few fragrances I tried to "visit" again.  Very disappointing.... 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
Ulta had a deal on Clinique Happy during the spring sale. I got it and enjoyed wearing it all summer.

I wore Lauren by Ralph Lauren in college and in my early working years. I’d love for it to make a comeback.

@RollTide2008 

Ooooh --- Lauren --- I forgot about this one!  I loved it --- it was gorgeous! 

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 

Sounds really lovely.  I've never heard of it. 

Trusted Contributor

I started wearing Clinique Happy again.

I wore it probably after it first came out, and then for some reason, I just stopped wearing it.

I decided to start wearing it again and I have really enjoyed wearing it. It smells just like I remember it. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Toppers3 

Doesn't this one have lily of the valley?  I know I wore it some long ago but I can't quit remember it.... 

Honored Contributor

Thank so much for posting about this.  It's lovely reading about all the fragrances you have loved and still do!  

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Shanus 

Chanel #5 is such a classic and classy fragrance!  I have never smelled Jo Malone.  

@AngelPuppy1   It's a bit heavier than I'm used to, but a spray a bit on one wrist and voila!

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN 

Do they not make it any more --- or did the formula change?  I experienced this with a few fragrances I tried to "visit" again.  Very disappointing.... 

@AngelPuppy1 To my knowledge they don't make the original any longer....I could probably find one on Ebay perhaps...It is very disappointing!

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

This is what I remember!

IMG_3263.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@amyb 

I hope you like and enjoy Samsara again.  Sometimes when you return to an old scent, it's like greeting an old friend!  I used to wear Shalimar way back when and loved it so much.  I don't know if they even make it any more or if I would find it too heavy and/or sweet now?? 

@AngelPuppy1 I actually have liked Shalimar too, and I still have a small bottle of that too from my mom's stash...both a perfume spray (still good) and a body cream. I just keep them on my mom's perfume tray, but occasionally, this time of year, will try the Shalimar.

In my younger years it smelled a little "matronly" for me (though, I guess I've grown into it now, lol)...so back in the day I copied something my cousin formulated to make it her own, and maybe a little "younger."

She combined Shalimar with a musk we both had at the time, called the "Original musk", it's clear colored & came in a little square bottle. I actually found and bought one online about 10 years ago, I still have it, but I find it wasn't quite as pungent (not that it was ever a strong smell, but this really smells light now.) It was a beautiful, basic, subtle musk, not like one of those real smelly, patchouli-like 70's musks.

Anyway, it works as a good base to combine in a fragrance. She combined that, and Vanilla oil with the Shalimar, (not in the bottle, but on her.) Both work beautifully with Shalimar because Shalimar has both musk & vanilla notes in it. It softened the perfumey aspect, made it a little warmer, earthier. I still love to do that. Now that we're discussing this, I'm going to try that again! It's perfect for fall.

Anyway, I do believe they still make Shalimar. It is a classic to this day. But, still...that Samara was "mine"...so yes, I think I should try it again! Smiley Happy