Super Contributor

Re: Do you have a preferred skincare line or do you mix things up?

I do mix mine around which probably isn't good. I use Serious Skin Care Reverse Lift for my eyes and the Chin Corrector for my neck and chin. Otherwise I go between Laser Free Face Cream/gel at night (love this product) and JM Argan Oil in the morning. Oh, also PTR Retinol day and night. I did have a sample of Jurlique firming face cream and it was fantastic (results right away) unfortunately Sephora doesn't have an easy pay.

Honored Contributor

On 2/6/2014 HappyDaze said:

For either the AHA or BHA, I'd recommend Paula's choice products. Both of her AHA and BHA line is excellent but I prefer the BHA (but I have normal to dry skin). For your skin type, I'd recommend her BHA in the liquid (or gel but I think the liquid is better) or the Weekly resurfacing treatment 10% aha.

HD, did you see that she has a new 4% BHA product? Here's a LINK to it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

i mix things up....i like bare escentuals make up.....love their eye cream and neck cream....use dr denise serum on my face....murad spot cream on my hands..IT IS WONDERFUL....and i use the light stem on my face.......ive stuck with it for a few months and i am now seeing great results..........i also use josies argon oil all over......esp now in the dry weather...............her body cream is fab too.............

Honored Contributor

On 2/6/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 2/6/2014 HappyDaze said:

For either the AHA or BHA, I'd recommend Paula's choice products. Both of her AHA and BHA line is excellent but I prefer the BHA (but I have normal to dry skin). For your skin type, I'd recommend her BHA in the liquid (or gel but I think the liquid is better) or the Weekly resurfacing treatment 10% aha.

HD, did you see that she has a new 4% BHA product? Here's a LINK to it.

oh yeah, forgot about that one. The op might like that one, I've just never tried it. I was kind of hoping for a stronger BHA but not a foam and one for my drier skin types. I hope she comes out with one about that % for drier skin types. The one in the black slim pump is a little TOO strong for me- I need a happy medium! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I'm a mixer

No thought is worth thinking.....
Valued Contributor

I use Paula's Choice and have been very happy with her products and feel they're a good value. I wait until things go on sale and stock up. The only non-PC product I use is CeraVe cleanser. I use the moisturizing cleanser in the morning and the hydrating cleanser at night.

Honored Contributor

On 2/6/2014 Irishrose136 said:

When you use a AHA or BHA, do you need to use a SPF? I recently had a bad reaction, I think, to the coverage in Tarte's BB. Haven't figured out yet how to get coverage. So many questions.........so little time. ;-)

Hi Irishrose136 - I've read that AHA's and BHA's can increase the skin's sensitivity to the sun, but I don't think it's as much as when one is using Retin-A. I could be wrong on that part though. Even so, regardless of if someone is using any of those treatment products, sun protection should always be included in one's morning routine. Like you, I'm trying to figure some things out. I was using a moisturizer with SPF included, but now I'm not. My morning treatment oil does have ingredients that have some sun protection and there is SPF in my foundation so I'm hoping that will do the trick for me. Even with the moisturizers that contain SPF, instructions say to repeat the application every two hours and I really doubt anyone does that unless they are specifically at the beach or pool, in which case I don't think they'd be wearing any other makeup.