Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a lot of makeup?

No ... not now.  It all fits into one plastic shoe storage box.   I settled on one color eyeshadow, one color blush, and translucent setting powder - along with my liquid and pressed powder foundation (and a backup for each) .  Four lipsticks, and a couple of bronzers.

I dye my eyerows - so no eyebrow make up needed, and I don't wear mascara.

Esteemed Contributor

I have more then what I need. But not a ton. I have three foundations I use. I have mostly IT now. I have a small box I am shipping off to project beauty share to donate of stuff I want to get rid of. I am tired of hoarding makeup. It's such a waste of money and half of it never gets used. So I am down to what I actually use now. It feels good.

Esteemed Contributor

Also YouTube videos have made people buy much more then they need. YouTube is a cash cow for makeup companies.

Honored Contributor

no

I only wear mineral foundation.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd probabaly win with the most if counted.  I have a whole lot of mascara since I use at least 3 different kinds daily (and have about 7 differnet kinds I use with backups of course) depending on how manageable my lashes are.   That's not counting everything I buy to try still hoping to find the holy grail of mascara.  I have several backups of everything I use just in case.  I love my makeup.   

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I have way way too much....from before I retired. Now I only wear makeup maybe once a week if I go shopping..... even then. Just my sunscreen and a bit  of blush and lip.  I wear very little makeup now.  I have  great skin at 62 Blessed with good genes.

Me too. I don't wear much makeup unless I have to go somewhere and then it's light coverage, mostly concealer and blush. I'm 61 and I think I have good skin for my age considering what's it's been through.Woman LOL It's good to see you back @SeaMaiden

@SilleeMee  Thank-you! I missed talking with you.

Honored Contributor

No, I have my foundation and powder.  The most is eyeshadow and I havew many extras of my basic go to because I'm afraid Revlon will discontinue it!~  You can't hardly find taupe and this set is a "quad"!

Honored Contributor

When I first came on the forum, I was buying all kinds of makeup and skincare but that had to change.  First of all the expense.  Now I need to clean out some of drawers in my case of makeup.  I can say one thing Estee Lauder mascara really has lasting power.  I only used a few times but have it for over a year and it is like brand new.  That is one brand of high end mascara that I would consider buying again.  If you have too much makeup you don't really get to use it all or at least I don't.  For me, it ends up being a waste of money.  My daily makeup is tinted moisturizer oil-free by Laura Mercier (it's the best in my book), sometimes translucent powder, blush, brown mascara, sometimes a very light swipe of eye shadow and I am out the door.  The tinted moisturizer evens out my skin color yet it doesn't look like you are wearing anything which I like.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Mellie32 All I am going to say is Yes, I have a lot of makeup. More than any one person needs. That being said, when you get to my age, it takes more at times. I have good skin and I take care of it, but I have done my full face for years and I do it everyday no matter where I go. It is what it is Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I was thinking about this today when I was putting on my makeup. Here is what I have.

IT Illumination CC cream

confidence in a cream

tarte rainforest of sea foundation

trial size of the regular IT CC cream

IT sensory primer serum

IT BYE bye pores pressed

It celebration illumination powder 

It brow pencil

urban decay sample of eyeshadow primer

All three confidence in your glow blushes

IT cream blush

physicians formula butter bronzer

Almost all colors in IT eyeliners

6 IT eyeshadow trios

sweet peach eyeshadow pallet

various mascaras

3 tarte lip rescue balms

IT lip balm and hydrating lipgloss

IT Most wished for pallet from last year

I also have a few drugstore eyeliners that I had before I got the IT ones.

i think this is everything. I might of kept a big too faced pallet, a smaller too faced, and a tarte eyeshadow pallet. I packed them because I won't use them before we move.