Respected Contributor

Re: Do you have a lot of makeup?

[ Edited ]

I think I have probably 6 or 7 foundations,  a couple concealers,1 powder, 10+ blushes, 20+ individual eyeshadows, 10 - 15 eyeshadow palettes, a few lip products, a couple mascaras and a few eyeliners.  I also have probably 30+ makeup brushes and sponges.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have : 

1 tube of Spackle

1 liquid foundation

1 powder foundation

1 blush

1 mascara

2 lipsticks

1 BB cream I use as a concealer

1 bottle of rosewater spritz I put on after my powder to take away the powdery look

That is it - the grand total of the contents of my vanity drawer.

Whoops - editted to add - I Crabtree & Evelyn Lilly of the Valley perfume.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am a tad above average 😊

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@Mellie32 @qualitygal

I just read an article that states "Surveying over 4000 female makeup-wearers across the United States, the poll found that on average, these consumers own just shy of 40 cosmetic products per person."  

I have not counted my makeup, but I suspect that I have more than 40 products.

Does the 40 products include skin care, too? If so then I've got at least that if not more.

Valued Contributor

I use different makeup depending on the season.   I actually found a revlon makeup I really like (the color is a true match to my skin)....and I am tempted to throw out all else because I think this is now what I prefer.  

I do tend to buy things when they are highly discounted (like 50-75% off).   With that, if I ultimately toss, I do not feel guilty and many times I find a product that is a winner that I stay with.

Respected Contributor

I'm off the charts on how much makeup I have. And sadly, I still look like cwap! Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I have way way too much....from before I retired. Now I only wear makeup maybe once a week if I go shopping..... even then. Just my sunscreen and a bit  of blush and lip.  I wear very little makeup now.  I have  great skin at 62 Blessed with good genes.

Me too. I don't wear much makeup unless I have to go somewhere and then it's light coverage, mostly concealer and blush. I'm 61 and I think I have good skin for my age considering what's it's been through.Woman LOL It's good to see you back @SeaMaiden

Respected Contributor

I have a LOT of lipstick because I LOVE lipstick.  I have two foundations.  I use Estee Lauder Double Wear but the last couple of bottles I purchased made my skin feel sticky and tacky.  Right now I am using Maybelline New Skin and I don't like it.  I have two colors of eyeliner, three shadows,  an eyebrow powder I love from Elizabeth Arden. two blushes, facial cleanser, serum, moisturizer and eye cream.  Since I am now retired, I have cut back on the amount of makeup I purchase except of course lipstick. 

Honored Contributor

I'm sure I have 40+ in actual make-up and 40+ in skincare and that doesn't count shower gels and lotion/body butter.   When I worked and even later I wore very little make-up. 

All this over-indulgence started when I got to be over 50 and also started watching QVC with all their demos and TSV's that were $29-ish in those days.     I keep trying to "trim down", toss, give away, etc., but I still have way too much.   Years ago I had one foundation at a time.  Won't even say how many I have now.  Some are for "good", some for days I'm just at home, etc.      Almost ashamed of how much I have, but have seen others post that look like they have an entire store.   Keep trying to not buy more, but there is always something new and different.   

Honored Contributor

No, I do not own a lot of makeup.  I do not own enough makeup to be considered "average".   Everything I own, including 2 jars of moisturizers, fits inside a Clinique zip top makeup bag.   I do not own mascara.   I wore very minimal makeup when I worked, and haven't worn any since I retired.