Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you have a lot of makeup?

I have more than I need, especially now that I'm retired. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]
OMG! Too Much to count I have an insane amount of each for face, lips,eyes. I to have more then one person needs I won't even say an amount, you all would think I'm crazy......
Honored Contributor

Is this a contest? Smiley Very Happy

I have more than some people and less than others. I don't feel I have an excessive amount of makeup since I use most of what I have on a regular basis.

Eye shadows make my number a bit higher. I love eye makeup and have a lot of fun mixing different colors in subtle ways. Every morning I ask myself what shadows should I try together today? I may use one of my oldest BE shadows with a shade from one of my newer palettes. 

Esteemed Contributor

Not that much.  Ever since I first started buying makeup as a teenager, I always waited till a tube or bottle was empty before I bought a replacement.  So I always had one of everything - 1 foundation, 1 mascara, 1 pink lipstick, 1 coral lipstick, etc.  There were a few years I went a little crazy with eye makeup and had waay more that I could use in a lifetime -- but I've since tossed all of that except for one necessary eyeliner and one neutral shadow stick.  I use 5 items when I apply makeup:  primer, foundation, lipstick (as blush and lipstick), mascara, and brow pencil.  Sometimes finishing powder.  For special occasions, I wear charcoal eyeliner and shadow stick.   K.I.S.S.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just checked just my slim vanity drawer where I sit down to apply products. I bought a mesh cutlery holder & it fits perfectly & on the side where there is more space I have 2 slim acyrlic holders. I line my drawers with a rubbery draw liner. Just in that drawer, I have my blushes, 3 single highlighters, mascara (3), single eyeshadows that I won't depot, differents shades of pencil  eyeliners, 2 gel eyeliners pencils, 1 brow pencil, (have a backup), brow powder, brow gel, 1 cream bronzer, 1 cream highlighter & counted 51.....I do wear all of them at different times, some are my fav's. I have other larger drawers too.with products..As far as foundation, I only have 3, 1 BM original...Complexion Rescue & Armani Silk foundation. I don't wear foundation on a daily basis. The other drawers I have are all lined with the same liner so the holders that I have don't move at all.

Those pencils add up girls. So yes, I do have alot but I do not waste. I am at the point where I only need replacements. Not looking for the new, what I have works for me.

Esteemed Contributor

My making up concept has transformed into a very simple and sophisticated style. So, I guess it's time to get rid of the supleratives I still have on hand. @Mellie32, thanks for the nudge!

I do not have nor need foundation. Any eye shadow is skin tone, and lately I've been using It's Naturally Pretty blush, which also fills the bill for face color.

All in all, I would say, no, I do not have a lot of makeup. I only have 1 face, and I use the things that best accent my features.

Respected Contributor

This thread got me curious, so I had to go and count what I have! I guess I'm pretty average, I have about 35 makeup items. This isn't incuding the 5 brushes I have, or my nailpolish, skincare, fragrance, etc. it's just makeup. Over the years I've pared down quite a bit from what I used to have, I've given away or tossed a lot of products that I just don't care for. I used to keep everything forever and didn't use most of it. I am pretty happy with where I'm at now. I know that there are a few items that I won't replace when they're gone, so I'm hoping that number will go down a bit more. 

Honored Contributor

Ha 40 products - I have that in my makeup bag an I have at least 8-10 times that in makeup organizers. Sometimes you buy something and its not right but you still keep it

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@Mellie32 @qualitygal

I just read an article that states "Surveying over 4000 female makeup-wearers across the United States, the poll found that on average, these consumers own just shy of 40 cosmetic products per person."  

I have not counted my makeup, but I suspect that I have more than 40 products.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@dancingqueen wrote:
OMG! Too Much to count I have an insane amount of each for face, lips,eyes. I to have more then one person needs I won't even say an amount, you all would think I'm crazy......

Someone else, maybe, but not us! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I have one foundation, two eyeliners, two eyeshadow palettes, one mascara and maybe three or four lipsticks, which double as my blush. Haha! It's partly why I can do Botox and fillers. I didn't realize how little I had. But really, I don't feel I need more than that.

Spoiler