Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you have a fragrance from year's ago that still smells the same?

I found Avon's Hawain White Ginger on E-bay!  I used to wear the stick form.  It wasn't a spray it was something like a roll on in a small tube.  I loved it.  Plenty of half empty bottles on Ebay.  I might grab one just for old time's sake.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@Spacrazy wrote:

Chanel No. 5

My main fragrance since high school.  But I do use others.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Super Contributor

@mare54, NOTHING will ever smell better than Opium. I keep trolling EvilBay for bottles of the original, but haven’t found any I could trust. I never anticipated that this scent would ever change, but I hear that it did. I have unopened scents going back to the 70s, but I am now very sorry I didn’t buy some extra Opium and put it away. I loved the eau de parfum oil spray, gone forever. I thought I had an unopened bottle of perfume, but if I do I can’t find it. 😥
Esteemed Contributor

@catwoman48 wrote:
@mare54, NOTHING will ever smell better than Opium. I keep trolling EvilBay for bottles of the original, but haven’t found any I could trust. I never anticipated that this scent would ever change, but I hear that it did. I have unopened scents going back to the 70s, but I am now very sorry I didn’t buy some extra Opium and put it away. I loved the eau de parfum oil spray, gone forever. I thought I had an unopened bottle of perfume, but if I do I can’t find it. 😥

Teeheeheee.  What is evilbay @catwoman48 ?  Is it the debil?  LOL that's too funny.  Do you think you can find a dupe? 

I went through major withdrawals with Dolce & Gabanna discontinued "Feminine."  I looked high and low and wanted to buy some on the Bay but the prices were outrageous.  I have yet to find a dupe for it.  I know I hate when the change or discontinue something I like too.  Too funny, LOL.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

From QVC, I still have a boxed bottle of TOVA Signature that has a clear sticker on it that says A9164, a tiny bottle of Body, Mind and Spirit and a large frosted jar of Signature Body Souffle.  All 3 smell exactly as they were.  Somewhere I have a small black bottle of TOVA Nights, that one I was never wild about.   All of these are about 23 years old.

I have several bottles of the newer TOVA Signature Platinum that I use now (daily).

I also have an old bottle of Ysatis (Givenchy) that's probably from the 70's (I kid you not).  I tried to like it, but is was so pungent, but I never tossed it.  Every once in a while I put it on, just to aggravate myself....lol

Trusted Contributor

I have three bottles of Nina Ricci, L'air du Temps from the very early 80's with the Lalique crystal bird. Each bottle still has some parfum in it and still smells the same. I just can't get rid of the bottles. The crystal birds are so beautiful.

I still buy L'air du Temps. I think the fragrance has been tweaked. Still smells nice but ~something is missing and doesn't smell as strong as my 80's bottles. Even the Lalique crystal birds now come in plastic.Woman Sad

Respected Contributor

Tiffany from the late 80s!  Smelled exactly the same.  Sent it to my girlfriend who still loves it.  I can't do those 80s big scents anymore.  

Trusted Contributor

No.  My taste in fragrances has changed over the years. 

In the 70's I was a kid wearing Love's Baby Soft that I got in my xmas stocking.  LOL. 

In the 80's it was all about designer imposters as I was teen and had no money to buy perfume. 

In the 90s I did start working and could buy my own perfumes.  I liked Angel best and used my new credit line at saks to buy it.  LOL. 

Then welcome to the 21st century. I started liking all the Bath and Body Works scents, Cucumber Melon, Plumeria, Warm Vanilla Sugar...

Today, I still like vanilla and sugary scents.  But also citrusy and honey scents. All those Bath and Body Works Scents, the fabcy cosmetic company perfumes are too strong for me.  Scented lotion or a body spritz is all I can handle.  

Respected Contributor

My all time favorite that smells exactly the same as when I started wearing it a looooong time ago.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, I do not have an original. Most of them turned.

I loved YSL Rive Gauche but when they reissued it, it was inexpensive and didn't smell anything like the original. 

The same with YSL Y. Another fav.