Esteemed Contributor

Do you have a fragrance from year's ago that still smells the same?

I do.  It is so odd.  Let me first say, that I'm not absolutely positive that it smells exactly like it did when I used to wear it.  However, after applying it, it does have this die down that I remember very well.  I have it since the 90's.  No cap on it and not in a box.  It's a Nina Ricci scent.

Then, another that was given to me that I wore often but wasn't familiar with it when it was gifted to me.  I did enjoy it in the 90's but never repurchased it on my own.  It's Estee Lauder's Private Collection.  Still have it and it has it's bottle cap/cover and I spritz it from time to time and it reminds me of the days I wore it.  

I know they say fragrances degrade over time.  However, there is nothing offputting about these two scents.  Could it be the integrity of scents were much better back in the 90's and earlier years than they are now, or did I just get lucky?  Dunno.  Do you have an experience like this?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a fragrance from year's ago that still smells the same?

Is it L'Air du Temps, Ioved that one in the 70's. 

Honored Contributor

An Avon fragrance, Millenium, from 20+ years ago.  Still love it.  

Esteemed Contributor

Rochas - Byzance   in a big blue bottle . I have an  open and an unopened bottle

Robert Piguet- Fracas

Respected Contributor

Guerlain's Shalimar is now and always has been my signature fragrance.

Honored Contributor

My absolute favorite was Estee Lauder's "Estee".... wore it since I was in my early 20's.  I stopped wearing it when I discovered that the oils put in the fragrances had changed in their strength and composition.  This change was made industry-wide, not just EL.  I got this information directly from a high end Rep belonging to Estee Lauder.  I complained about my scent not lasting anywhere near as long as it used to, and I had used it exclusively for over 30 years.  What the Rep said made sense, it also explained why other high end scents I liked and were familiar with did the same thing....  Chanel, Lancome, etc.   I stopped buying Estee Lauder, it was the end of an era for me.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Michael by Michael Kors! However, even though it still smells the same, it doesn't smell the same on me. I think our chemistry changes and so a perfume that you used to love and wear all the time, may not be the same now....I still really like Michael, but it just doesn't smell the same on me!

Esteemed Contributor

@On It wrote:

Guerlain's Shalimar is now and always has been my signature fragrance.

I love it too @On It  It is not old or outdated it is a classic. It will always be around. It's complex and beautiful. I love the notes the initial bright fresh bergamot, middle almost powdery rose, freesia, jasmine and finally the base note musky, vanilla. Just beautiful.

Respected Contributor

Chanel No. 5

Esteemed Contributor

@Spacrazy wrote:

Chanel No. 5

How long have you had your bottle of Chanel No. 5 @Spacrazy ?  

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life