Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite sponge for applying makeup?

I use a beauty blender dupe, dampened, to apply my concealor around my eyes---it's the best thing for that area for me,  but my most fave is the huge big brush from one of the brands--to put on my foundation or bb/cc creams--it is the absolute best in my opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the Doll10 sponge. I have sensitive skin and can use this one without any reaction. It also cleans easily and lasts a long time.

Honored Contributor

When I used a sponge, I used Cover Girl ones.  I tried brushes and beauty blenders, but felt they both wasted makeup, so I just use my fingers and then buff out at the end with a brush.  

Honored Contributor

Everything I use is "dry" - I use brushes.

Honored Contributor

@Swedishmiss 

I prefer a sponge most of the time. When I use a brush, I will go over it with a sponge.  I like real technique sponges that I can get at Walmart but I also like these. I have stopped buying the AOA sponges but not because I didn't like them. The half egg shape is my favorite.

1000003887.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @monicakm 

What is the name of the sponges you use?

TIA

Super Contributor

I've tried sponges, but I find that all they do is absorb my makeup which causes me to use twice as much just to get some coverage.....I wear expensive foundation and hate that I was throwing half of it away in sponges.

Trusted Contributor

Hi @Swedishmiss 

I use a beauty blender when I use my Dior Cushion Perfecter.  And yes.  They are expensive but I can tell you this--- the bar soap cleanser for it, works really well to clean it.  AND I don't think I have worn one out.  At some point I just decide to toss it. 

The last time I tossed one, I cut it open.  I wanted to see how much it absorbed.  To my surprise, It was not saturated through not even a bit.  There was a line around the outside but that was it. 

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

BEAKEY 2 Pcs Makeup Sponge Set, Foundation Blending Pink Beauty Sponge, Latex Free, Flawless for Liquid, Cream, Powder, Boun Boun Sponges Unique Exterior Design Patent - Large Flat Side

Respected Contributor

I use Real Techniques sponges.