Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite perfume?

Shalimar I've worn it since a teenager, not so much now but I always have a small bottle.

I alo used to like Chantilly.

There are't many perfumes I can wear, they "turn" on me. So does lipstick.

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN 

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

I changed my signature scent a few months past to Chanel CoCo Noir Eau De Parfum, layered with the body cream of the same name. I receive MANY compliments whenever I wear it.🥰

~~~All We Need Is Love💖

@SandySparkles This sounds really good, is it similar to Coco by  Chanel? I love Coco as well as Coco Mademoiselle.....

It is similar with an alluring, yet somewhat sexy nuance.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles Sounds wonderful!!!!

Super Contributor

I used to have a signature fragrance until all the perfume companies started to cheap out and change the formulas ! Now I have had to experiment and mix and add and I have found that my favorites plus I add some others with and I have learned to look for the base notes that I like .
Esteemed Contributor

@candyagain wrote:

Shalimar I've worn it since a teenager, not so much now but I always have a small bottle.

@candyagain 

Isn't that annoying to find a favorite scent no longer works? I've had the same issue w/ a few of my favorite perfumes. I love scents, but can no longer tolerate really strong perfume/cologne scents up close. I will get out of an elevator if I happen to be on one when a man or women has on too much cologne for my nose. It will actually cause my eyes to swell shut if I'm around it for very long. I didn't have this issue when I was younger. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@candyagain wrote:

@candyagain 

Isn't that annoying to find a favorite scent no longer works? I've had the same issue w/ a few of my favorite perfumes. I love scents, but can no longer tolerate really strong perfume/cologne scents up close. I will get out of an elevator if I happen to be on one when a man or women has on too much cologne for my nose. It will actually cause my eyes to swell shut if I'm around it for very long. I didn't have this issue when I was younger. 

Yes, one of the annoying things about getting older  Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Shalimar

Pure Grace but it has changed. I still have some of the original.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS wrote:

. I recently received a generous edp gwp from Nordie's with 35! samples. Haven't even gotten into theses yet with the exception of TF's Bois Morocain, a recent re-release that I love.

Oh my @rochelleS  - 35 samples?? Wow!  lol.  What a spectacular GWP!  I imagine it will take some time to get through all of them.  Did they come in vials where you can get a few uses?  I do hope you'll give us a little review.  It will be fun to hear your feedback. 

Appreciate your kind words too.

Respected Contributor

Chanel Chance Eau Tendre - LOVE the scent and receive compliments quite often, when I wear it.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal 

Yup, I was totally floored myself! When I saw the pic on my order I called CS back and asked if I had to make a choice or what? No, those were all included as the gwp. I definitely was dumbstruck with this response. Most of the samples came  attached to cards and a few in little boxes. Seems like enough in the vials for testing. Plus there was a card with those bubble sized samples Laura Mercier concealer and another with Lancome Teint Idole Ultrawear foundation and a bottle of Lancome's night repair serum. All overstuffed in a quart zip lock bag. I've gotten some great gwp from Nordie's. Sometimes I look forward to these new items more than my purchased item. This  was my introduction to Tom Ford's Oud Wood. I literally lost my mind, in a great way, after testing this jewel on my skin. It opened strongly but settled into a sensual warm spice and smokey, creamy woods on me. OMG, I was hooked! Line and sinker 🎣

I've got another extremely generous gwp coming from Sephora too. I wrote about this on the Lost Cherry thread. That turned out to be another huge jaw dropping surprise also. 

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS 

That's happened to me a couple of times. Like half a dozen of the same sample.  Or more samples than I chose. Maybe they just do this from time to time.  Otoh, they often don't send samples you requested.

I discovered Oud Wood in Las Vegas at Sephora.  It is intoxicating, rich and smokey.  It will always be one of my top favorites.

What is your other job dropping surprise from Sephora?

?