Respected Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite lip combo/duo?

@JudyL wrote:

@momoftwo2007 - that looks like a pretty combo!

@JudyL I agree. That’s is a very pretty combo! @momoftwo2007  Thanks for the picture. I did a screenshot to save the info. 😊

Respected Contributor

Tom Ford Pink Dusk w/Bobbi Brown  Pink Mauve lip liner. Pink Dusk is my hg and practically the only lipstick I wear.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 At lunch today, I went to the Walgreens near where I work and looked at this Revlon matte balm.  They are having a buy one, get one at 50% off.  If you have a Walgreens near you, you may want to check it out.

Honored Contributor

Back in the 90's there was a Revlon lipstick that I loved. Received compliments every time I wore it.  It was called Fawn.  It was in their ColorStay line.  After  a while, I couldn't find that shade anymore and was so upset.  All these years later I still remember that lipstick color but since that was the only Revlon product I used, once I couldn't find it, I just moved on.

Well tonight I'm at Walgreens looking at the Revlon matte lip balm mentioned in this thread and guess what I found!  My fawn lipstick!  Its now called faithful fawn in their ColorStay Overtime line.  I don't know how long it has been back in their line but I am so glad!  

I know its not the most important thing in the world but it sure is nice when you come across a find like this.  Kind of perks up one's day.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I like layering Revlon's 760 Vineyard HD gel lipstick (it's a rose wine shade) on the bottom and then a swipe of Revlon Kiss lip balm in Sweet Cherry, Fresh Strawberry, or the darker Berry Burst shade. Sometimes I'll layer the balm on top so it gives an ombre effect as the color is lighter than the gel lipstick underneath.

Respected Contributor

@JudyL  I just looked up that color Faithful Fawn. It looks really pretty!

Nice nude color.

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 it is a great nude color and previously when I wore it, it looked good with whatever I was wearing.  Really like it a lot.  Lipsticks in particular seem to be my downfall and I seem to have more than a woman could wear or need but this has always been a favorite and one I can truly say that I missed!  How often can you say that about a lipcolor?