Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you get a pedicure or do your own toenails during the winter season?

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have severe dexterity issues with my hands...my hands are permanently frozen in a fist position. I have serious problems with cutting nails and having them cut by someone else is nearly just as serious a problem. My doctor told me that I need to have all of my nails surgically removed Woman Sad, on both hands and feet, so that nails won't be an issue any more. I just haven't gotten the courage to do this. I'm afraid of what it will look like...geesh. 

Can you have a podiatrist come to your home?  I know senior housing developments sometimes have a mobile doctor that does feet.  I would think a doctor would be able to cut nails that are challenging.  Maybe a good manicurist could do the hands.  

Respected Contributor

I just keep my nails plain and neat for the winter. I paint my toes in spring/summer and most always leave my fingers natural. I have too much oil in my fingernails to keep polish intact more than a few days.

I like the gel nails but sanding ruined my fingernails and the polish still bubbled and peeled. 

Esteemed Contributor

I do my own pedi.   In the winter I do no polish.

I just did Baby Foot so I'm getting sandal ready.  I bought some new polishes! (and ummm more sandals too)  I can't wait!!

Honored Contributor

I get a pedicure at a salon every 4-6 weeks all year.  I do my nails myself about once a week or more often if chips are noticeable.

Honored Contributor

I don't like pedicures.  It's too much money and time and not that productive for me.  I am not fond of people messing with my feet either and I'm worried about getting some kind of fungus or cootie. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't do salon pedicures or manicures....I do my own. I live in a winter climate, so any toenail polish during those months would be rubbed right off with socks, boots and heavy shoes, so I give my nails a break. I love doing my first at-home pedicure in the spring when it's time for sandals and flip-flops.

Trusted Contributor

I get a pedicure all year long.

Respected Contributor

I do my own.  Never been to have a pedicure or manicure.

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer to do my own pedicure as I have all the tools to do so.

Esteemed Contributor

I do my own nails, hands and feet, year-round.  Never wear polish on my toes, and don't wear sandals.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt