Valued Contributor

Re: Do you get a pedicure or do your own toenails during the winter season?

[ Edited ]

@Hoovermom - My salon also uses disposable plactic covers for the pedi bowls as well as sanitized wrapped nail tools.  I don't worry about them at all.

Living in California, I get a mani/pedi every other week.  I really enjoy foot massages, and get a full 30 minutes for a treat.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee @I think I read insurance may cover a mobile podiatrist to do the feet if there is a high risk of infection by not having a doctor perform the nail cutting.  You may be covered for podiatrist nail cutting under Medicare or private insurance.

Honored Contributor

I do my own Pedicures, and Manicures. Once in a great while, I will have a professional Manicure, but I don't ever get a pedicure.....I keep my own nails up at home, but every so often like to have a Manicure done professionally. It feels so good, and I love the Paraffin Wax as well......

I keep my nails up all season, not just in the summer, trimmed and filed....

Respected Contributor

I get pedicures every 3-4 weeks, the salon I got to is 100% sanitary and I don't worry about it.  I do my own manicure since I just don't enjoy having my fingernails done but I do enjoy getting pedicures.

Honored Contributor

I have a pedi  all year round because I cant get my feet up close enough to see my toenails.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I do my own feet. I used to do pedicures in a salon years ago but only briefly. I didn’t like that job at all. 😬

Respected Contributor

I still have pedicures in the winter, but I "winterize" my toes in the winter.  No polish at all, I just have them buffed shiny.

I feel like my nails are getting a rest since about six months of the year they have polish on them.