Super Contributor

Re: Do you feel prettier if you have cosmetics on that are top dollar?

I do like high end cosmetics and do agree with you. I believe some it has to do with the packaging and mostly the ritual. I've just tried a few Maybelline face products, some that I'm really liking and the news revlon moisture stains which are really great. Et me say, vid just stared working in the pharmacy of a drugstore and some if these products are tempting me now!
Honored Contributor

No. I have a variety of price points in my makeup bag. My $4 brow pencil from CVS is my favorite.

Super Contributor

I have problematic and sensitive skin, so I opt for good quality skin care from a department store or organic pharmacy. Color cosmetics, I use a variety of brands with price tags to match.
Honored Contributor

I don't think it has anything to do with price one pays for their cosmetics. I have never purchased real high priced stuff, but even some of what's considered moderately priced could be high to someone else. I can wear a mix of IT, Laura Geller, NYX, and ELF all on the same day. I buy what I like and what works for me. The price I pay for my cosmetics isn't where I find my self-esteem.

Esteemed Contributor

I never pay much for my makeup. Usually I buy from Avon or a grocery or drug store on sale. I really don't know the difference. I just try to create smooth even skin tones with well defined eyes.

Respected Contributor

On 7/22/2014 RibbonsRosesRainbows said:

Just curious. I think I do..........I should be happy with me in a 50 cent gloss............I don't know how to over come this. I have been this way since I was 14. And the man in my life does not even care if I wear makeup........strange.

Ribbons

You are not alone, I kind of do. Strange but true.

Deb

Super Contributor

On 7/23/2014 Kind1too said:
On 7/23/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:
On 7/23/2014 moonstone dunes said:

No. The "man in my life" gives me the most g0rge0us, beautiful gl0w... {#emotions_dlg.devil2} you should try it

Someone named a blush after that, I think.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

OOOOOOO!!
Honored Contributor

With a lot of "high end" cosmetics, you're just paying extra for the packaging! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Regular Contributor

Price is irrelevant. (That is, except for to my bottom line budget!). I care about the ingredient deck when I purchase makeup/cosmetics, not the price. But I do feel more confident, and prettier, when I am wearing makeup. My 10 year old says he thinks I'm pretty without it and doesn't like it. I've tried to explain its like a man wearing a suit to work... Part of the work uniform.
Respected Contributor

Nope...over the last 35 years have tried all sorts of skin care..make up...cheaper when we were first married and resources were tight and then what I wanted as years went by..

I have all sorts of mascara from all price ranges..my fav always ends up being the Colossal from Maybelline..and I try every new one out and go back to that lol

Skin care too...and have settled on cheap tried and true products that cost pennies a day and I have fantastic skin for my age and years of sun damage.

Baby Oil is my holy grail for everything...make up remover..last thing I put on before I dry off..body lotion too..cheap Hawaiian Tropic Limeade and sometimes Gold Bonds Shea..

face creams ..I have paid a hundred bucks for some..and I now use ONLY the ones from Aldios for $3.99 Lucera..

I don't think it is has anything to do with cost but with your self esteem..