Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you feel prettier if you have cosmetics on that are top dollar?

No. I rarely splurge on beauty. Avon products work great for me.

Honored Contributor

We have different needs at different times. At some point, you may want a different priority and decide to let the makeup slide.

When you've tried all possible and the same face shows up, that will be the first realization. LOL. It's such a humbling moment. LOL JMHO

Esteemed Contributor

I definitely feel prettier because I look prettier with eye makeup & lipstick. (I don't do foundation.) But I don't care how much it costs. To me, it's all in the colors.

Respected Contributor

Absolutely not. I just don't think my overall appearance is that important to the rest of the civilized world. If I'm fresh and clean and have appropriatel makeup, I feel good about myself and that's what gives me confidence. I just don't think "pretty" is all that important.

Esteemed Contributor

No, no, and definitely NO!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

No. I think what matters is the colors and how you apply the makeup. Expensive brands won't make you look pretty if the colors are wrong or you didn't apply it right.

Frequent Contributor

Good question. I never thought of it before but, I guess I would have to say I do feel and look better in higher end make up. Maybe for all those years when our children were growing up , mortgages, colleges,etc. I didn't have extra money to spend on expensive make up. Now girl, it' s all about me , ( and the grand children). I deserve it. I paid all of my dues. Lol

Honored Contributor

Actually, no. I don't believe in spending a fortune on cosmetics. I'm fine with Avon and the top drugstore brands like Maybelline and Revlon.

Super Contributor

No. The "man in my life" gives me the most g0rge0us, beautiful gl0w... {#emotions_dlg.devil2} you should try it

Super Contributor

No, I can use either drugstore or high end and be happy with my looks.