Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you feel prettier if you have cosmetics on that are top dollar?

I don't feel prettier using higher end brands. However, I may feel more confident in a certain look if I'm using a higher-quality makeup. For example, there are high-end brands that I use that I know won't crease or fade throughout the day. I've used drugstore brands that just didn't live up to my expectations.

Other than that, it really doesn't matter to me.

Honored Contributor

No. I can't afford high end cosmetics, so I guess I'd be feeling ugly all the time if that were the case. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

I am just happy to find a product that works for me and does what it should. I am trying to get to the point where I have a few products that I am satisfied with instead of trying this, that and the other thing. It's very frustrating.

When I find a color of lipstick or gloss that really suits me, lights up my eyes and my complexion, then I am a happy camper!

As for high-end products, whatever makes a person feel confident. The way I look at it, no-one but me knows what I'm putting on my face. If I had more money, maybe I'd try some products that were more expensive. Then again, maybe not. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I like pretty things but I also know that highr prices don't mean a better product. I loathe being ambushed by pushy sales people at department store cosmetic counters and do my best to avoid them at bricks and mortar stores. I prefer to try new things but on my own terms so that means drug stores or the internet or Winners for my beauty products.
Super Contributor

I would'nt know if I feel prettier in top dollar cosmetics. I have always bought OTC drug store cosmetics. I budget my money and highend products are not in my budget
Respected Contributor

No, and a lot of times, I see no difference in drugstores vs higher end makeup, depending on the product and brand of course. I feel pretty when whatever mu I am wearing has not creased or moved. That being said, most times these days, I dont wear a stitch of mu, although I would like to start making time in the morning to start using it again.
Honored Contributor

No.....and I don't drive a Rolls or live in a mansion, either

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

No. I feel prettier when I look in the mirror and see a uniform color to my skin and a texture to it that is not out of line for my age. I don't care what takes me to that point, be it rest, diet, exercise (a combination of all of those) or drugstore cosmetics. If I don't like how I look, it doesn't help me to tell myself that I paid nearly $100 for my foundation and that I, therefore, look wonderful. The mirror doesn't lie.

Honored Contributor

No.

Sad that women think paying a lot for cosmetics make them look prettier...

Honored Contributor

Probably because very few companies have foundations that are good for my pale skin, and it happens most of them are more expensive. What makes me feel prettiest is to NOT have a lot of cosmetics and makeup cluttering my life. LESS and better for my skin tone and countertops!

Honored Contributor

On 7/23/2014 Sooner said:

Probably because very few companies have foundations that are good for my pale skin, and it happens most of them are more expensive. What makes me feel prettiest is to NOT have a lot of cosmetics and makeup cluttering my life. LESS and better for my skin tone and countertops!

This is true for me, too. I have very pale skin and have never been able to find a drugstore foundation that works for me. I don't wear much make-up though, just foundation, loose powder, eyebrow powder, eye liner and mascara.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau