Super Contributor

Re: Do you feel prettier if you have cosmetics on that are top dollar?

No - the colors and the color payoff are what matters. For foundation it depends on how the ingredients in your foundation work with your skin type.

I have paid good money for makeup and been disappointed.

What makes me feel the best is having my combo skin under control.

Super Contributor

Thank you all for your posts........happiness to all and be safe in all your travels........

Honored Contributor

It's not about feeling prettier but for me drugstore products (except for mascara and lip) don't work for my skin. The products I use work for my skin and have made my skin feel and look great - therefore I feel good and don't have rough, burn, itchy skin from using cheaper products.

Super Contributor

On 7/23/2014 NickNack said:
On 7/23/2014 Sooner said:

Probably because very few companies have foundations that are good for my pale skin, and it happens most of them are more expensive. What makes me feel prettiest is to NOT have a lot of cosmetics and makeup cluttering my life. LESS and better for my skin tone and countertops!

This is true for me, too. I have very pale skin and have never been able to find a drugstore foundation that works for me. I don't wear much make-up though, just foundation, loose powder, eyebrow powder, eye liner and mascara.

Same with me. Though the DS brands do have more range than they did 15 years ago it's still not enough. For several years I only wore finishing powder because I couldn't find my old foundation anymore. From often I see the lightest shades sell out there is a demand for them. I remember when I used MAC foundation and making 4-5 trips to Macy's and not having my shade in stock every time