Respected Contributor

Do you ever find yourself having to apply a powder foundation...

... before the skin care products on your face have completely dried? 

I have dry skin but I absolutely love Laura Geller Balance and Brighten and the look it gives my skin.

Because this is a powder, I always make sure I moisturize well before I apply it, so that it doesn't dry out my skin by the end of the day. 

The problem is that I only have a certain amount of time to get ready for work in the morning and it's never enough time to let my skin care products completely set up before applying this powder.  

I've been using a velour puff to dab it on, which works pretty well, but because the powder is sticking to a moist surface, the coverage is a little heavy and somewhat uneven. I've also tried some brushes but the application has been a bit patchy. 

I've watched countless videos of people putting on powder foundation right after their lotions and potions and no one ever seems to have this problem.  It's not like I'm globbing creams on my face, although I do make sure I have an adequate layer of sunscreen on and that's not negotiable.

On the weekend, if I'm not wearing makeup, I notice that my skin care products are fully dry in 2 or 3 hours but I don't have that kind of time to wait on weekdays!

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you ever find yourself having to apply a powder foundation...

@Texasmouse 

Have you tried using your hair dryer to help your skincare products dry faster?

Respected Contributor

@monicakm I can't say that I ever thought of that but I would think it would dry out my skin?

Honored Contributor

I bought one of these fans just to use on my face. It's powerful, rechargeable and small enough to fit under the sink. Stays charged for a very long time. 

Geek Aire Personal Handheld Fan  - $20

shopping.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee that's so cute! 😊

Esteemed Contributor

Wash your face and put on skin care products first. Then brush your teeth and do your hair or other things. By the time you brush your teeth and do your hair your products should be dry and you can put on the foundation. I like that foundation too.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse 

It is cute! It's also very well made, not flimsy.

Valued Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

Wash your face and put on skin care products first. Then brush your teeth and do your hair or other things. By the time you brush your teeth and do your hair your products should be dry and you can put on the foundation. I like that foundation too.

I also do this. I often say I get ready in "phases"; due to letting my skincare absorb, makeup set, etc. 

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday @Mellyg I do this too! I do virtually everything else, even the rest of my makeup (except for eyebrows) but, like I said earlier,  it takes 2 to 3 hours for my skin to actually feel dry enough to put powder on!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Texasmouse wrote:

@ccassaday @Mellyg I do this too! I do virtually everything else, even the rest of my makeup (except for eyebrows) but, like I said earlier,  it takes 2 to 3 hours for my skin to actually feel dry enough to put powder on!

@Texasmouse  If your current moisturizer and sunscreen take 2-3 hours to absorb and dry down, they're not the right products for your skin.  Even night time moisturizers need to absorb to work properly. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch sunscreen dries down quickly. You should definitely consider changing products.