Honored Contributor

Re: Do you do this with eyeliner?

@Icegoddess wrote:

I line the top lashed on top very close to the lash line with a very thin line.  I thicken it out towards the outside for a slight cateye look.  The lower Lashes I always use a pencil and line very close to the lashes on top.  I'm really trying to get into the lashline, not the waterline.  If I try to line from underneath, no matter how thin a line, it looks racooony.  

I saw a Congresswoman or Senator today that had heavy eyeliner underneath her eyes and it looks ridiculous.  I would think she was just having a bad day, but I've seen the same lady before with the same eyeliner.  That's what lining beneath my lashes would do to me.

@Icegoddess  Liner done all wrong under the eye can make you look tired and harsh. Don’t even mention the smearing factor if using eye cream and concealer. If I do use a pencil liner underneath (brides, photo shoots that need eyes really divined), I go over the line w/ a very fine brush dipped into the same shade of shadow to “set” the pencil. 

Honored Contributor

I’m realizing I’m giving away my secret (& not so secret) tips and tricks. You can all become makeup artists. 😏

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I’m realizing I’m giving away my secret (& not so secret) tips and tricks. You can all become makeup artists. 😏

I like it! Woman Happy @Shanus

Esteemed Contributor

I never line upper lid.I line under the bottom lashes.I draw a very fine soft line with a well pointed gel pencil.I use a lot of mascara .It opens up my eyes for a dramatic look.

Honored Contributor

I have always wondered how women remove eye liner from their inner, upper lid.  I have never lined my eyes like that.  When I was much younger I did line the lower, inner lid at times.  Now, I don't use eye liner.  I prefer, if I am wanting to line my eyes, using eye shadow top and under the lower lashes.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I line my lower lash line on the outer corner to where my iris starts if looking straight ahead & line with a thin line on upper lash line near my lashes. I never do the waterlines. I also use colored liners, rarely black.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

I line the top lashed on top very close to the lash line with a very thin line.  I thicken it out towards the outside for a slight cateye look.  The lower Lashes I always use a pencil and line very close to the lashes on top.  I'm really trying to get into the lashline, not the waterline.  If I try to line from underneath, no matter how thin a line, it looks racooony.  

I saw a Congresswoman or Senator today that had heavy eyeliner underneath her eyes and it looks ridiculous.  I would think she was just having a bad day, but I've seen the same lady before with the same eyeliner.  That's what lining beneath my lashes would do to me.

@Icegoddess  Liner done all wrong under the eye can make you look tired and harsh. Don’t even mention the smearing factor if using eye cream and concealer. If I do use a pencil liner underneath (brides, photo shoots that need eyes really divined), I go over the line w/ a very fine brush dipped into the same shade of shadow to “set” the pencil. 

Actually, for me, it's not about smearing.  Mine will immediately look "off" if I line the lower lash line from underneath, no matter how close I get or how thin the line.  It's more about re-shaping the eye.  Mine are round enough as is.  Lining from underneath exagerates that roundness.  

Respected Contributor

I line above my upper lashes, my upper waterline and the outer third of my bottom lashes, underneath, with a black pencil eyeliner (yes @SilleeMee, the WnW Megalast😉). If there's any skin showing between the line above my upper lashes and the line just under them, I wiggle the tip of the pencil into those gaps to fill them in. I set the outer lines with powder in a dark gray just for staying power. I don't use powder in my waterline. 

Since the outer lines are very thin, the overall look is just crazy thick lashes. 

Honored Contributor

I now line the inner upper rim of my eyes.  I'm very, very careful about keeping the pencil clean.  

Knock on wood I've never had an eye infection.  As I said, I'm extremely careful not to contaminate the pencil.

I used to line the outside but I don't have a steady hand anymore and I'm always in a hurry.

Back in the 60's and 70's I could put that line above my lid perfectly...not anymore.

Honored Contributor

I no longer use any eye  make up. Occasionally a little mascara,

Eye makeup on 60 plus woman looks SO BAD.