Honored Contributor

Re: Do you check ingredients in Products?

On 8/3/2014 magemay said:
On 8/2/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 8/2/2014 magemay said:

To answer the OP's question, yes I do to anything that goes onto and into our <em>and</em> our pets bodies. House is also included, in and outside.

To address the body of the OP's post, there is nothing stated there that I can refute.

magemay, you and I don't often agree on topics like this. I think that many of the statements in the body of the opening post are quite dubious at best and that there are not sufficient scientific data to support them. But as you know, we all can debate that until the cows home; ultimately, we rarely change others' opinions, even when we throw c/p's at one another. Smile

All that aside, I had noticed that I had not seen you post for some time now. I had wondered whether you were okay. I am glad to see your nic and hope that all is well with you and yours. You are an important contributor here.

Aw suzy, does this mean that you missed me??

Thanks for your concern! I haven't (nor will I {#emotions_dlg.sad} ) had much time to spend here, it's spread thin with priorities. I do pop in every now and then to see what's cooking. Hope all is well on your end!

Keep looking suzy, there are a number of very credible studies and articles that are current from sources that I have confidence in giving my respect to. One area in paticular that I find intersting is the study of phthalates. In fact, some of the literature is published full text and pubic accessable.

Just some food for thought, in case you may be interested. I know that you're firm in your convictions, as am I.

I leave it here with good wishes for a happy summer!Smile

You're very welcome, magemay.

I think there may be some kernels of good information here and there in the c/p. I didn't home in on the part about phthalates. My eyes went more to the paragraph about parabens, petroleum by-products, and SLS (which, by the way, I don't use but not for fear of the dire risks suggested but because it is harsh for my hair and skin).

To answer your question, I actually did miss seeing your nic here. Glad that all is well.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I need to go back to Burt's Bees body lotion and body washes. I use good stuff on my face, thanks for the reminder. I was told not to put anything on your face, body that you can't eat!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

No, I don't check ingredients.