Esteemed Contributor

Do you carry a makeup bag in your purse

I always crack up at woman that carry a huge bag of makeup in their purse. Besides lipstick do we really take it out and do touch ups. They make so many products now to make your makeup long lasting. Do you carry a makeup bag and do you actually use it.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you carry a makeup bag in your purse

I have a 'makeup bag' but it's kinda like my medicine cabinet on the go. Feminine products, claritin (for hubby!) Aleve, etc. Band-aids. An extra hair tie or two. A Cover Girl powder compact, Philosophy lipgloss, chapstick. There's probably more stuff, I'd have to look, but in terms of just the makeup it's just the compact, lipgloss and a chapstick.
Honored Contributor

Only if I'm going somewhere special after work or I'm in a wedding party, otherwise no. My bag usually only carries a lip balm and a hand cream, but may expand to 4 lipglosses or lipsticks, as sometimes I'll put more in there forgetting the others were there already. Even that's a joke most of the time, as I almost never remember to retouch.

Esteemed Contributor

Nope.  Just a tube of Burt's Bees tinted lip balm and a tube of sunscreen face powder in a purse pocket.  I don't always carry a purse, so keep another tube of Burt's Bees in my car just in case.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I don't....My face goes on before I leave here. Lipstick goes with me and that's it.

Trusted Contributor

I have skin touch up type products in my makeup bag. I have concealer, powder foundation, Mally's Face Defender, and an oil absorbing powder. I don't use them much, or all at once, but they're in my bag for an emergency. I also have a mini eyeliner in there, too. I carry lip gloss in my purse's outside pocket since I use that often.

Honored Contributor

Nope.  I don't carry a purse anymore.  Whatever I put on my face before I leave the house has to stay there until I get home to wash it off.  But I do keep a lip balm in my pocket.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

No.  

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday

I carry a small makeup bag in my big work tote but it just holds a couple lipsticks, mirror, brush, and fingernail clippers. I don't normally need to reapply makeup all day long, just lipstick.

My tote is just a big hole with no organized compartments so I use a purse organizer & stick the little makeup bag in one of those compartments. It is easier to handle a little bag then my big tote when applying lipstick or brushing my hair.  

My regular handbags don't have a makeup bag in them. I just stick the same items into a little zippered compartment in my bag.

Respected Contributor

Your post reminded me of the last time that I carried one in my purse: 40+ years ago when I worked downtown.

After the crowd I was in surged to get onto the train at the end of the day, someone told me to check my purse: she thought that my purse had been picked.  Wallet was there but they got my makeup bag !  LOL

Then I got to thinking, I never really used anything but the lipstick during the day.  If I needed a touch up, I kept a few things at my desk.  Today, my desk has become my car console.

Maybe if a makeup component doesn't make it through the day, it's time to find something that will.  

These big purses are heavy and will ultimately cause shoulder and neck pain at worst.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill