Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you carry a makeup bag in your purse

No, just a lipgloss.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I do carry a large makeup bag with me just in case although I very rarely need to use anything in it.  I also carry anything I might need in an emergency but I don't take my purse/tote with me - just leave it in the car.  I only take my wallet everywhere.  I don't like being unprepared.  When I worked, I was the go to person when anyone needed anything.

@Pook 

I suspect this is the case for most women who carry a lot of makeup products with them. Better to be prepared for anything kind of thing. I don't see anything wrong with it myself.

Respected Contributor

I think most makeup nowadays is built to last, not like it was years and years ago when you might have felt you needed touchups through out the day.  Remember in old movies, women were forever powdering their noses.  Smiley Very Happy

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Nope - just lip balm (clear and tinted).

Used to also carry blush, but the lippie does double-duty if necessary.

Everyone's different, so whatever works for you is cool.  

Honored Contributor

Just a tube of lipstick which I generally.forget to re-apply.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I carry a small makeup bag in the passenger seat.  It has my lipstick which I put on at the red light.

I have three colors that match the clothes I wear.  Whatever I put on goes in the side pocket of my bag for after lunch.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday...Funny you ask this! I am a former make-up bag carrier and I finally forced myself to buy a smaller handbag so that my make-up bag wouldn't fit in it. I never used anything from my make-up bag throughout the day anyway but my powder and lipstick. I now only carry pressed powder, lipstick $ lipgloss. I've never looked back!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

Yes and two lipsticks bags and a makeup bag for roll on fragrance and bag for makeup brushes..........my purse is heavy

Respected Contributor

My purse is not a suitcase; I keep it simple.

Trusted Contributor

No, I carry tiny bags, so there's no room...I do have a lip balm, it comes in a flat packet, so it doesn't add any bulk.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it