Trusted Contributor

Do you care if Talc is in your makeup?

I hear many of the cosmetics vendors say that their products are talc free and I guess that is supposed to make them better. 

However, I have used many Clinque products for 25 years and their blushes and eyeshadows use talc--cosmetic grade talc that does not have asbesdos. 

What do you think about this issue? The reason I ask is that I have been wearing IT makeup blush and eyeshadows that don't contain talc, but the blush is very sheer and I prefer more umph to my blush. 

Anyone care to comment?

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you care if Talc is in your makeup?

I do care. I find that the powder products that contain talc are often better than those that do not.

Of course it depends upon the rest of the formula. But the blushes and eyeshadows and foundations that I like all are very smooth, fine-milled, and silky - all contain talc. The few that I have tried with a substitute were not compararable. There may be some out there that are, but I'll stick with talc.

I have no health qualms whatsoever about using this mineral in my face products.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

no, talc never bothers me.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I've been told you don't need to worry about talc on or close to your face.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

It's not an issue for me.  The only danger I know about which also doesn't affect me is the possible danger of baby powder with talc -  but that research had nothing to do with our faces.

Respected Contributor

I don't appear to have any sensitivity to talc, so I'm not worried about it.

Honored Contributor

Apparently talc can be an irritant for some people.  At one time I thought talc free was supposed to be better for that reason, but I've come around to thinking talc isn't a big deal for me in that regard.  The talc free shadows do lay down lighter, those with talc seem to be more pigmented.  My only gripe, if you want to call it that, is that since talc is a cheap/inexpensive ingredient sometimes the price of things with it bother me.  I think they should/could be less costly.  Even so, if I want something badly enough I'll still buy it anyway.

Respected Contributor

I do not care.

Honored Contributor

Nope!  Don't care.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I do care if talc is in my makeup because it makes my skin very dry. I have tried many brands and all the ones that have talc simply don't make my skin look good. Just recently I tried Laura Geller's BNB and that was no different. For me talc makes me look older because it takes moisture right out of my skin and I live in a very dry environment so that doesn't help things at all either.