Honored Contributor

Re: Do you care if Talc is in your makeup?

I don’t like Talc in any thing I use. To many serious problems associated with Talc.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

With what happened to some women with dusting powder years ago (cervical cancer), I doubt that any cosmetic co. would use the wrong talc.  I know Laura Mercier uses talc in her facial powder and her cosmetics are on the med/high side of cost.  I like her Invisible powder and I honestly do not know the ingredients.  Her other facial powder does have talc and I have samples of that and have had no problems with it whatsoever.  Cat Wink

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I am the same way. Products made with talc make me look older and dryer. Not a good look for me.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

I  have returned some Laura Geller items because of the talc.  Lately I try not to use it, but there were years gone by that I didn't check ingredients as much.  I probably have had some items with talc.  

Honored Contributor

Many of the powder forms of makeup on my makeup vanity contain talc. I don't mind it at all. If you buy from reputable brands that follow manufacturing best practice guidelines, you don't need to worry about contaminated talc. Just don't powder your lingerie gusset or your hoo haa.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Does not bother me.

Respected Contributor

I've got very dry skin.  As long as I use a good moisturizer before applying, I still do well with Laura Geller powders.  I don't like a full make-up face for me, just a little color.  Her B&B's and her Blushes work well for me, even with the Talc.  HTH

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

I don't care to use makeup products with Talc in them, especially eye shadows-way too drying, and makes the eye look older......

Respected Contributor

I do not want talc in any thing that i use Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Also, does anyone know if Bare Minerals loose powder foundations and blushes etc. are completely talc free, and also free of any other powder that we shouldn’t be breathing in?