Respected Contributor

Re: Do you blow dry with medium or high heat?

On 5/23/2014 w84WEN said:

Since Chaz mentioned how damaging regular towels were to your hair, I switched to microfiber hair towels. I was amazed how well they worked! My drying time has dramatically decreased and I found using the lowest setting on my hair dryer works perfectly.

Where do you get microfiber hair towels? I tried the Turbie Twist, but it was too small for my big ol' head!

Honored Contributor

I only use low heat when/if I blow dry. And I never blow dry to complete dryness- I leave it a tiny bit damp.

Contributor

I have always started with high heat and my diffuser while I get the bulk of the moisture out. Then I move to medium with the nozzle.

I will have to try a lower temp the whole way sometime. I fear it may take too long to dry though. I currently need about 20 minutes to do a basic blow dry. More, if I am doing a round brush styling/good blow out.

Super Contributor

Hot, high speed so it dry's fast for the most volume and spray it right away before it flops.

Valued Contributor

On 5/23/2014 vermint said:

Since Chaz mentioned how damaging regular towels were to your hair, I switched to microfiber hair towels. I was amazed how well they worked! My drying time has dramatically decreased and I found using the lowest setting on my hair dryer works perfectly.

Where do you get microfiber hair towels? I tried the Turbie Twist, but it was too small for my big ol' head!

I found a two pack at Costco for $10. They work great. The first towel I use after I get out of the shower. The second shower cap I turn inside out and wear to bed when I use the treatment oils. This way, it saves my bed linens from any oil stains. Not the sexiest thing, but my hair looks fabulous in the a.m. Wink

Honored Contributor

I don't use them. Blow dryers damage your hair.

Occasional Contributor

I've always used high heat because I'm impatient. But lately I've tried medium heat with the nozzle. Takes longer but it makes a tremendous difference! My hair is silkier, not fried looking. Worth the extra time!

Respected Contributor

I think it's high heat and low fan speed. But yes, moving, moving moving.

Respected Contributor

On 5/23/2014 vermint said:

LOL!!!

Super Contributor

I've never used high heat, only medium and finish with cool and usually I don't dry it all the way