Valued Contributor

Re: Do you apply lipstick even if you will be wearing a mask?

@ElvisShops wrote:

Nope. I wear only sunscreen. I gave up all makeup when we started wearing masks back in the spring.

I've done the same, except, I use a bit of lip gloss if Im on camera for conference calls. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I like to wear makeup even if I wear a face mask. Even though I don't like long wearing and/or matte lipsticks, I bought some and use them as they don't come off on the inside of the mask.

Respected Contributor

what I am doing during this time is putting on DARK lipstick and sitting around the house in it to get used to it.  I used always stay away from Reds and Dark colors because I thought I looked funny but its just about getting used to seeing yourself in them. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

No, it would get all over my mask. No point, if I am out and about, my mask is on unless I'm driving, and no one is seeing me then anyway.

Respected Contributor

I have gotten very good at keeping lipstick off my mask.  I position it just so, so that it doesn't touch my mouth but it firmly on my nose. I wear the blue paper disposable ones so if I do get some on it, just chuck it and get a new one.  I have extra at home, at work and in my car.  The cloth ones are much harder to keep lipstick off of.  One thing I discovered during the pandemic is that I didn't like taking my mask off and looking in the mirror and not looking like my usual self.  So I do it for my own sanity, as well as Zoom meetings and eating out.  I am a lipstick/gloss addict.

Contributor

I will use a lip pencil only so it doesn't stain anything. I always have my eyes done, some days a bit more than other days. 

Esteemed Contributor

A few times, I put on lipstick before going out. Then I realized how ridiculous that was, with a mask covering me from the nose down. At home, I do occasionally put on a little lipstick. However, when I go out, there's no reason to smear my disposable masks with lipstick.

Respected Contributor

Yes. I enjoy applying makeup. 

Respected Contributor

No, but I do use Beekman Lipbalm which is tinted.  

Trusted Contributor

Masks are pretty much mandatory in my state.  In restaurants, you must wear your mask to/from your table.  As soon as I sit down, I put lipstick on.  

At work, when my shift is done and can take my mask off, again I whip out my lipstick or put some gloss on.

Gosh, I miss wearing lipstick!  I had bought a set of 10 Doll 10 lip pencils before all this; love the colors, but haven't used them yet.  In the old days, they would be nubs by now.

My darling nephew used to do a pantomime of me putting it on.  Woman Tongue