Honored Contributor

Re: Do you Subscribe To Beauty Boxes

@HappyDaze wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

Regarding Birchbox, I believe people were still being charged once they cancelled their subscription.

I'm on a Birchbox forum and have been for years and never go heard of anyone having this issue so if it does happen, it is rare.

I'm on another forum and it happened to quite a few people there. Glad it's working out for you!

Respected Contributor

BTW @Jordan2 , my July Sephora box shipped today.  I'm definitely getting "Box B."  I clicked on the image of the "Play! bag" under my most recent order details, and it states "box b placeholder."   To see the exact items, I clicked on the "Play!" link under 'My Beauty Bag."  I scrolled to the bottom of the page, and once I saw the Benefit bronzer instead of the Too Faced bronzer, I knew for certain I'd be getting Box B.  It also shows the other items that are supposed to be sent for "normal/dry" skin types, too.  I don't think any of that info shows until you receive the email notification that your box has shipped.  Just wanted to let you know there definitely is a Box A and Box B for July.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

@I like celery So Sephora has more than one box? I was under the impression everyone got the same thing. Do you fill out a profile so they try to gear one particular box to your particular profile or is it just random? Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@I like celery So Sephora has more than one box? I was under the impression everyone got the same thing. Do you fill out a profile so they try to gear one particular box to your particular profile or is it just random? Thanks!

@HappyDaze  Apparently, they are now going to be somewhat customized boxes.  Someone on another forum posted some "spoilers," which led to a few people contacting Sephora to ask for more info.  One person received a reply from a Sephora Rep, who stated the "changes" would take place in August, but apparently the "changes" will start this month (July).  The only info I know is Sephora now has two boxes, and they based the July boxes on how people had filled out their Beauty Insider profile on Sephora's site. I don't remember filling out my profile, but I must have done it when I first joined the Beauty Insider program. The email from the Sephora Rep mentioned questionaires would be emailed to subscribers sometime this month.  So for now there is a Box A and Box B.  Box A is geared towards combo/oily skin type, and Box B is geared towards normal/dry skin types.  Three of the items in July's box are "customized."  The rest of the items will be the same regardless of Box A or Box B.  HTH  I can let you know more if you want, after I receive the Sephora questionaire.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

Ah ok thanks for the info @I like celery and yes please keep us updated when you hear more! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze

I'm still waiting to hear what you thought of the Coola primer?

I've since received their setting spary (spf 30). Its a good product too especially in comparison to the Super Goop sample; that one was incredibly tacky on the face and remained sticky through the day!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@HappyDaze

I'm still waiting to hear what you thought of the Coola primer?

I've since received their setting spary (spf 30). Its a good product too especially in comparison to the Super Goop sample; that one was incredibly tacky on the face and remained sticky through the day!

@Andreatoo I did not forgot, I promise! The problem is I've only used it once since I got it because I'm in auto mode and always put my spf on instead of this. I know I can certainly use both but I want to give it a clear shake by using it alone a few times to see how I like it. My initial impression is that it feels pretty slick on, almost as bad as Laura's spackle which I am not fond of. But we'll see! Smiley Happy  doesn't the setting spray have chemical sunscreen in it? I think I got it in a Birchbox but haven't tried it because I thought it had a chemical spf. Now I will have to go back and look. 

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze

to be honest I've been remiss about checking ingredients ...After posting about the Shiseido sample I actually binged it to find lots of crappola in the product!!

Both of the setting sprays have strong chemical odors but they dissapate immediately..

I'm sorry the primer is sticky. I only put it on top of my serum, I've even mixed it with my Isomers BB Cream, but I don't wear foundation. That may be the issue?

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@HappyDaze

to be honest I've been remiss about checking ingredients ...After posting about the Shiseido sample I actually binged it to find lots of crappola in the product!!

Both of the setting sprays have strong chemical odors but they dissapate immediately..

I'm sorry the primer is sticky. I only put it on top of my serum, I've even mixed it with my Isomers BB Cream, but I don't wear foundation. That may be the issue?

@Andreatoo Oh it isn't the odor regarding chemical sunscreens that bothers me, it is just that they usually irritate my skin and I also prefer physical for safety concerns. Smiley Wink

the primer isn't sticky at all, just slick feeling. Usually this is due to certain silicones which I don't mind using, just don't like that slippery feeling if it is too heavy with them or certain silicones are worse than others. I still need to play with it and it isn't as bad as Laura's primer so it may work still. I remember I did try it twice-once by itself and once under my powder foundation. 

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze

Oops! for some reason I read 'sticky'

(I'm supposed to be working)

Woman LOL