Honored Contributor

Re: Do you Subscribe To Beauty Boxes

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ChynnaBlue

I've noticed some really horrendous mistakes on those birchbox post cards!

Instead of using an (exfoliating!) product '1- 2 times per week' it read '12 times per week'

!!!!

I ran in to something similar again....

Yikes! That could be disastrous!

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo  Was there a somewhat recent "controversy" with Birchbox?  I've read a bunch of comments on a couple of different sites that alluded to something that had happened to make a lot of subscribers cancel their subs, but I haven't read what actually happened. If it's not something you think should be repeated here, I'll understand.  Just curious because I've read so many comments that have touched upon "something" happening.  TIA 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Regarding Birchbox, I believe people were still being charged once they cancelled their subscription.

Honored Contributor

@I like celery

Not that I'm aware but I'm clearly out of the loop Woman Wink

I do think their 'typos', ike the one I posted to @ChynnaBlue, in the instructions they provide are potentially disastrous and I keep meaning to email them on that issue but then I get distracted and completely forget about it...

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

Regarding Birchbox, I believe people were still being charged once they cancelled their subscription.

I'm on a Birchbox forum and have been for years and never go heard of anyone having this issue so if it does happen, it is rare.

Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

@Andreatoo  Was there a somewhat recent "controversy" with Birchbox?  I've read a bunch of comments on a couple of different sites that alluded to something that had happened to make a lot of subscribers cancel their subs, but I haven't read what actually happened. If it's not something you think should be repeated here, I'll understand.  Just curious because I've read so many comments that have touched upon "something" happening.  TIA 

@I like celery I think it has to do with the major changes theyve recently made in terms of the points you used to get for reviewing your items in your Birchbox ( you used to get 10 points for every item reviewed, 10 points =$1 in the Birchbox store but now you won't get any) and the lack of coupon codes these days. Many people only stuck with Birchbox because of their point system and coupon codes and now that that is going away, people are bailing en masse.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@I like celery wrote:

@I like celery I think it has to do with the major changes theyve recently made in terms of the points you used to get for reviewing your items in your Birchbox ( you used to get 10 points for every item reviewed, 10 points =$1 in the Birchbox store but now you won't get any) and the lack of coupon codes these days. Many people only stuck with Birchbox because of their point system and coupon codes and now that that is going away, people are bailing en masse.

Thanks, @HappyDaze .  One thing I did hear about the "controversy" was that one of the founders allegedly had said some sort of disparaging remarks about their subscribers and their expectations or something like that.  I remember googling afterwards to find out more, but only saw that one of the founders had "stepped down," but I think that was some time ago.  Don't remember what else was written.  I was just curious what had happened to make so many Birchbox subscribers unhappy.  Anyway, thanks for the scoop. 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@I like celery wrote:

Thanks, @HappyDaze .  One thing I did hear about the "controversy" was that one of the founders allegedly had said some sort of disparaging remarks about their subscribers and their expectations or something like that.  I remember googling afterwards to find out more, but only saw that one of the founders had "stepped down," but I think that was some time ago.  Don't remember what else was written.  I was just curious what had happened to make so many Birchbox subscribers unhappy.  Anyway, thanks for the scoop. 

@I like celery Yes I do know that one of the co-founders and another top person has left Birchbox and many don't like the direction the other co-founder is taking Birchbox. The theory is they want to do away with the subscription service altogether and just focus on their brick and mortar stores and expand those. I dont know but no one on the forum I am on cares about the founders leaving etc except that all these major changes are coming regarding the points, etc. That is what people care about the most.

Plus, over the years, BB boxes have really gone down hill. We used to get full sized items alot more than we do now and 6-7 items many times and items that matched closer to what we have in our profile but these days, those times are long gone. We got alot of foil packets and ridiculously small sized samples now, not even a few days worth on many items. It has gotten a bit ridiculous.

I never really thought BB was fair either in terms of how they distributed their samples. I mean, there was always anywhere from 40-60 different box variations which seems absurd and, frankly, not very efficient from a company standpoint. And the variation in the value of each box could be insanely different. I mean, some boxes might get two full sized, high value items while other boxes got mainly foil packets and drugstore items. I always felt they should keep the box values similar, which they claim they did but for fun we'd do box value comparisions and there were some major $$ differences in many boxes.

Anyway, it was fun while it lasted. Birchbox of old was well worth the $10 and I used alot more of the products than I had over the past year or two. .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@I like celery wrote:

@I like celery @HappyDaze

Oh THAT contraversy! That I did hear about but since I'm too lazy to review every month it doesn't effect me Woman Wink

I still say those potentially disastrous typos are worse but then I guess that may just be me...it's a lawsuit begging to be served....

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze @Andreatoo   Thanks, you guys.  It just seemed like I kept reading a lot of unhappy comments about BB lately on Reddit and a couple of other forums.  It just made me curious what the heck had happened to make so many people unhappy.  Thanks, again, for filling me in on the changes that have occured with BB.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥