Honored Contributor

Re: Do you Subscribe To Beauty Boxes

I bought Birchbox for awhile and Ispy and then Walmart Beauty Box. In the beginning I thought Birchbox was fine but after a few months I started getting some funky shiny, glittery things that were not what I signed up for so I stopped that one. Ispy was the same way. Walmart has been ok but will prob stop that one too, just because I have a freaking ton of samples that I will never use. Supposed to get the Walmart box some time soon but haven't heard.

Honored Contributor

@teddi13 wrote:

Yes and i love most of them.I do ipsy,birchbox,glossybox,boxycharm, and wantable boxes.Popsugar is nice too.

@teddi13 I did the ipsy box for 2 months and then cancelled. I'm now getting the Sephora one, I'm not sure I'll continue with it. I'm interested in the birchbox, glossybox, and boxycharm. I was wondering which one was your favorite and do you think the value is worth the cost?

Respected Contributor

@teddi13 wrote:

Yes and i love most of them.I do ipsy,birchbox,glossybox,boxycharm, and wantable boxes.Popsugar is nice too.

@teddi13  How do you like the Wantable subscription?  I know it's a different subscription in that you can choose makeup, accessories, lingerie, etc, and that it's more costly, but just curious what your experience has been like, and what you've thought so far.  Have you liked most of the items you've received?  Any issues? Thanks for any info you feel like sharing.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

@Jordan2  Okay -- now I've read that the "customized" boxes may not begin until August, so I guess everyone will receive the same products in July's box.  Someone on Reddit posted a reply they had received from a Sephora CS Rep, after they inquired about the upcoming "changes."   I think I'm going to stop reading the "spoilers."  Smiley Very Happy

Here's a link to the Sephora reply, if you want to read it:

https://i.redd.it/m9hgleli6r7x.png

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

No. I tried one years ago but found that there were too many products I had no use for & there were too many product/brand repeats of those items.

Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

@Jordan2  Okay -- now I've read that the "customized" boxes may not begin until August, so I guess everyone will receive the same products in July's box.  Someone on Reddit posted a reply they had received from a Sephora CS Rep, after they inquired about the upcoming "changes."   I think I'm going to stop reading the "spoilers."  Smiley Very Happy

Here's a link to the Sephora reply, if you want to read it:

https://i.redd.it/m9hgleli6r7x.png

Well, that sounds interesting. I'll hang in there a little longer, especially for the customizable boxes.If the boxes don't get better I will cancel. The funny thing is, if I cancel there will just be someone else to take my spot!

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 and anyone else who may be interested:   Someone finally found a spoiler pic for what is supposed to be included in July's "Play! by Sephora" box.  I'm still not sure if some people will get Box A or Box B, but click the spoiler tag to see what will be included if there is a Box A for combo/oily skin (If there's a Box B for normal/dry skin, it will include the same items, but a couple products won't be the oily skin version) :

Spoiler

sephora-play-july 
♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

I recieved 6 months of birchbox as a gift and I have enjoyed that so far.  I will have to decide if I want to keep up with it or not when this runs out.  I have been in Sephora's play for 2 months.  I hated the first month but last month's was much better.  I haven't gotten July's yet. 

I am enjoying getting them but trying to decide if I would just be better off putting my the money towards products I know I use. 

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

I recieved 6 months of birchbox as a gift and I have enjoyed that so far.  I will have to decide if I want to keep up with it or not when this runs out.  I have been in Sephora's play for 2 months.  I hated the first month but last month's was much better.  I haven't gotten July's yet. 

I am enjoying getting them but trying to decide if I would just be better off putting my the money towards products I know I use. 

@Roni18, I'm wondering too if my $10.89 a month is better spent on something I want. But then I figure I won't miss the $10.89 a month I pay and it will go towards my account to bump me into the next level after the BI (Beauty Insider) that I'm in. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Roni18 wrote:

@Roni18, I'm wondering too if my $10.89 a month is better spent on something I want. But then I figure I won't miss the $10.89 a month I pay and it will go towards my account to bump me into the next level after the BI (Beauty Insider) that I'm in. 

Roni, of course you can do keep going to reach VIB or Rouge, but in case you don't know this there is no extra perk for being at this level.  If you consider shopping a week earlier than BI's during the April and Nov. Friends and Family promotion a big deal that's it.  The points you've earned allow you to choose a better points gift, but even the top level gifts aren't exciting to me. I was almost at Rouge when I woke up and smelled the coffee, and started buying the products I purchased from Sephora elsewhere.  I now shop places where I see my loyalty rewarded with discounts, bonuses of full size products, dollars and cents -- or in terms of not shopping at Sephora dollars and sense.