Honored Contributor

Re: Do this many people really wear bright red lipstick?

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

With all the mask wearing in public, who is still wearing lipstick?   

Unless it's indelible, you're going to have a real mess on the inside of your masks.

highly recommend lipsense!

@sunshine45 

Uh ....  What is it you are recommending?  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

it is a brand called LIPSENSE by SENEGENCE.

i use their lip products and they are great and have a lot of staying power.

i use them almost every day and under a mask when necessary.

i have numerous masks so getting them a little "dirty" is not a concern because they get washed.

lipsense red rose.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm -

Yes, that is all I wear too!

Pink lipgloss.I think it always looks so pretty.

I don't know why but most lipstick I've ever tried turns orange on me.

Maybe I have weird chemistry or something. And I don't like the way it feels.

Maybe I haven't had a nice one.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@depglass 

I'm blonde with light skin, if I tried to wear reds, I would look like a $2 hooker, LOL!

I'm speaking ONLY for me!

Yes..Blonde here as well..I've never worn red lipstick...I don't like it period! Ita about the hooker look..lol! Woman Tongue

Respected Contributor

JMO, but I never think bright red lipstick looks good on anyone. To my eye, It's unnatural and garish. Always prefer a natural looking shade of color! 

Honored Contributor

@roster wrote:

Does anyone wear lipstick in 2020? Or even care about colors of lipstick in 2020?

Yes, I care!!  I am home a lot but need to keep something on my dry lips. I choose "clean" glosses that are actually treatment for my dry lips.  Even though we don't go out much these days, I still want to look nice for myself and my husband.  When we go out I wear a stain that doesn't come off on the mask.

Honored Contributor

Lipsticks are taking a hit financially with mask wearing. I'd think reds and darker shades with a mask would be messy. At home, Zoom meetings, etc., to each her own. For now, I'm wearing colored lip balms until I can go back to my rosey nudes.

The brightest I can go is a Revlon shade that is pinkish red reserved for a Big Night Out...not lately. 

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

JMO, but I never think bright red lipstick looks good on anyone. To my eye, It's unnatural and garish. Always prefer a natural looking shade of color! 

@Skyegirl21 , I remember once meeting Paloma Picasso a jewelry designer for my employer at the time. She had on her signature red lipstick. It made me aware how difficult it is to pull off wearing red lipstick. I never wore it again...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My go to lipstick is Laura Geller "Love me Dew" lip crayon in plum freeze which is a deep plum shade.

I'm a brunette with medium olive complexion and nudes wash me out...I need color!  Usually a deep berry and sometimes a more subtle (but not bright) red.  Pale pinks also wash me out.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, they do.

I love red. Pinks, nudes, tawny anything all look like death on me. Give me a deep blood red and I'm in my happy place, lipstick-wise. Smiley Happy

"Coming to ya from Florida"