Honored Contributor

Re: Do this many people really wear bright red lipstick?

@depglass wrote:

I'm a lover of the Sephora Give Me Some Lip beauty sample kits.  This season's offering shows a majority of bright red lipsticks, many more than previously included.  Am I missing something?  Is Nude dead?  Is Matte dead?  

I think hair color and skin tone has a lot to do with it.  My hair is light brown with blonde highlights, light-medium skin tone.  I try to wear reds but end up feeling self conscious about it and take it off before too long.  Most of the time I wear pinks, mauves, and berries, sometimes a mocha in the fall.  I can get away with a darker berry better than a red. I think women with black hair, paler skin and subtle eye makeup look especially striking and beautiful with deep red lips.  I don’t know her name, I think it’s Raines, but this actress is on a Netflix show we just discovered called “Call The Midwife”, has that coloring.  She’s beautiful in her everyday work but when they doll her up she is stunning.

Honored Contributor

Wearing a mask has made all lipstick just about dead to me, I just wear a clear gloss now under my mask. I dont want my mask to be full of lipstick on the inside. I miss my shades of gloss very much, but I cant go to work maskless!!

Super Contributor

I have loved red lipstick since I was a little girl.  I'm almost 72, light blonde hair, light blue eyes, medium neutral complextion.  I receive the most compliments when I wear moisturizer, Colorscience Total Eye, brown-black mascara, and a smile.  Heart

I would wear a bright red lip in the evening if I ever get out again!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

With all the mask wearing in public, who is still wearing lipstick?   

Unless it's indelible, you're going to have a real mess on the inside of your masks.

highly recommend lipsense!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like a sheer red or cool pinky/red lip gloss, balm, or stain. I think it looks especially good on ladies with gray hair.  It's a good way to "brighten up " your look( if you're feeling dull)  without being over the top. 

#1   #101  #205 

Super Contributor

Does anyone wear lipstick in 2020? Or even care about colors of lipstick in 2020?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shaunac wrote:

Love matte lipstick.  Hate that glossy stuff.  Nevermind actual lipgloss.  Seems so tacky.  In more ways than one. 

@Shaunac  and others: ***Please note: This poster's name is very close to mine and so is the blue ink and print size, but it's not me, Shanus.

Esteemed Contributor

Not with masks

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

I am!

Honored Contributor

Some women look okay with a lip gloss, but glosses aren't always flattering. 

Too many times I've seen glossed lips and it looks like they ate a plate of greasy chicken and didn't bother to wipe their mouth afterwards!