Regular Contributor

Do eyelash curlers wear out?

My eyelash curler has stopped curling my lashes. I've changed the pad but that makes no difference. I've heated the curler but that doesn't help either. My lashes used to curl real well. Do curlers stop working or is it just my eyelashes won't curl anymore? I'm trying to decide whether to purchase a new pair. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Do eyelash curlers wear out?

I have had the same eyelash curler since I was a teen! Still working great but I am guessing everything has a shelf life! I just keep changing the pads as well.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

If you've replaced the pad and it still doesn't work then it's probably not the curler.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, mine do. I've tried many brands,  it still to Maybelline curlers. They don't yank my lashes out like some I've tried. But yes, they wear out. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   Mabelline used to sell pkgs. of pads that fit most curlers, but haven't seen them lately.

Most new curlers come w/ only 2 pads hoping you'll replace the entire curler when those pads seem to wear out. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

What do think the problem is if it's not the curler?

Honored Contributor

@Sweetpea70  - Since eyelash curlers are not expensive, perhaps you should buy another one - maybe another brand.  There have been different threads on this forum about some of the best brands out there.  Good luck.  

Regular Contributor

I bought one and already returning it. It was too large for my deep set eyes. I ordered one today and I'm hoping it works. In looking at my current curler it doesn't seem to have much "spring" to it. I can't imagine my eyelashes won't curl anymore. Thank you for all the comments. 

Respected Contributor

I had one actually break right as I was trying to curl my lashes LOL!  Only happened one time in my life like that.  I tend to replace them every 5yrs I would gestimate.  I like a new one and get the same brand on sale for the most part as they are not a big expense this way.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus 

What do think the problem is if it's not the curler?

@SilleeMee   With ones I've used, after 5-6 months, the pad begins to flatten out due the pumping action on each lash. The curlers seem to be fine if I had replacement pads.