Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Wear Anything Under Your IT CC+ Cream

@monicakm wrote:

@RespectLife 

Shhh, don't tell anyone but I don't wear sunscreen (well I guess I do now).  Actually I'm sure all the other foundations have some degree of sunscreen.  I don't like the sun and avoid it at all costs Smiley Surprised  I've never been a sun worshiper.  And the funny thing is I met my husband on a BEACH...in the SUMMER Smiley Surprised

@monicakm   You are doing the smart thing staying out of the sun!  I LOVE the sun...BUT I always wear my IT CC with the SPF 50.  I smooth it down to my decolette and also put it on my tattoo on my arm so it doesn't fade in the sun!

My legs and the rest of my body get Wegman's brand SPF spray.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Wish I could wear IT CC cream but its too yellow on me.  At least I think it is.  Loved it when I did wear it though because of the spf but just couldn't get past the off color of it.  Maybe I'm using too dark of a shade?  Was using Light/Medium but maybe I'm more of a "Light" shade than I think.  Anyway, when I did wear it, I always did my usual skin care routine with moisturizer and then put the CC cream on.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@Carolina925 wrote:

I wear a moisturizer under it just because it doesn't seem to be enough. If I put on too much, it settles into my wrinkles (yes, even when they say it does not!) I need it to cover my age spots but it just doesn't work for my older skin to use it all over. I can't use Bye Bye Under Eye at all, it shows every single one of my wrinkles there 

@Carolina925   Maybe just me, but I find the IT CC almost as heavy as a foundation. I'd much rather cover spots with a good concealer and use something lighter on the rest of my face. My other gripe, I think I've stated here before, I don't like all the primers, spfs, moisturizers, etc. in my foundations. It makes it thicker and there's never enough serum, primer or spf than I'd apply myself. I would never apply CC or foundation on my neck/chest, so the spf is wasted.

@Shanus , the foundation I use on an everyday basis is actually much lighter than the IT CC cream was.

Funny thing is I normally use a sponge to apply my foundation but I tried this product with a brush, sponge (both damp and dry) and my fingers and I liked it with my fingers much better.  I think the warmth of my fingers made it blend and spread better.  

Honored Contributor

If anyone has difficulty applying a foundation, before you toss it, check your moisturizer, primer, sunscreen, etc. Some may be adding too much slip or not enough. Cleansers can be drying or leave your skin oily. 

If your skin's dry and the foundation goes on patchy, try exfoliating and/or adding a drop of oil to your moisturizer. On the other hand, oily skins may need to back off the moisturizer and see if their sunscreen or other skincare is too greasy. 

There's a "dance" trying to get the correct combo. The way the foundation goes on directly depends on your  skincare underneath.