Honored Contributor

My arm hair is on the dark side...not DARK dark but more of a med. brown.  

I always hated it.  Then one day while complaining about it, my (then) 18 year old daughter said "mom, just shave it".  Whaaaat???  I'd never thought of that!  So that's exactly what I did.  That was 20 years ago.  I was so self conscience about the hair on my arms.  It's so great not to think about it any longer.  What made me think of it now?  I'm watching a Nikol Johnson video and due to a close up of her arm and hand, I noticed the amt of hair on her arms and back of hand.  I've also seen women with even darker hair on their arms and wonder why they don't keep it shaved.  Maybe they just haven't thought of it like I didn't.  Personally, I feel more feminine/prettier without it.  My clothes look better.  My jewelry looks better.  My Fenty Diamond Bomb body glitter looks better Smiley Happy  So, do you shave your arms?

Esteemed Contributor

I shave arms, fingers and face.  Face shaving exfoliates and helps with makeup; also cuts down on breakouts.

Respected Contributor

I don't shave my arms; however, for about the last 30 or so years I have been using an Epilady.  I started out using it quite often and then as the years progressed a lot of the hair never grew back.  I now have to use it maybe every two months and I bet I only have not more than 5 - 10 hairs on each arm.  It is absolutely wonderful.

I totally agree with you that everything looks much better. 

Honored Contributor

No, my arms are smooth and hair free.

I used to do permanent hair removal, and newbies in training  practiced on me because my hair was dark and my skin was fair....easy to see.  I addition, the current from the electrolysis and depilaton machines passed through my hands and arms and deleted most of my hair in that area while I worked on patrons.

I also have bald patches on my legs where I was worked on by trainees.

Trusted Contributor

Yes I did shave until one day, all hair was gone ( and somewhere else too). I do shave my under arm once in the blue moon if I see a hair or two.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

Just the forearm.  Hardly any hair from the elbow up.

Honored Contributor

yes!

Respected Contributor

Many years ago after moving to Arizona, someone in a derm’s office recommended shaving your arms for better application of sunscreen. I’ve been doing it ever since.

Respected Contributor

No.  I never had much visible body hair even when I was younger.  I shaved my legs up to the knee only.  No reason to shave thighs. 

Respected Contributor

I used to have crazy long hair on my arms, and I cut it back with a scissors.  Now time has taken care of it for me.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York