Super Contributor

Re: Do You Really Need A Toner?

Well I did wait about 5 minutes in between my BHA and vitamin c serum. I guess that's better than nothing. Mornings are harder for me than nights but I really prefer to do my Retin-a at night and BHA in the morning.

Honored Contributor

For me it is simply a matter of liking the way the toner feels. Combo-skin on the oily side. I make my own using nonalcoholic witch hazel, vinegar, and rose essential oil, once in a while I throw in a drop or 2 of my beloved 613 oil. I use at night > retin-A, no toner in AM when I use BHA and Vit C.

Feels good, smells good, and my skin is very happy. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

On 7/27/2014 myshell624 said:

Well I did wait about 5 minutes in between my BHA and vitamin c serum. I guess that's better than nothing. Mornings are harder for me than nights but I really prefer to do my Retin-a at night and BHA in the morning.

That's also how I did it when I was using the BHA 1 percent lotion. But the instructions for my BHA 4 percent foam say to use at night, and I verified this with CS.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

On 7/27/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 7/27/2014 myshell624 said:

That's also how I did it when I was using the BHA 1 percent lotion. But the instructions for my BHA 4 percent foam say to use at night, and I verified this with CS.

I used the Foam at night too but it was just too strong for my skin. I'm really happy with the 2% Resist liquid.