Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Put Makeup On In The Car

I think women do too much while driving and you know who you are.

Makeup, texting, reading etc.     pull over please, kill yourself not me.

Esteemed Contributor

If I'm at a long traffic light then I'll apply my lip gloss crayon which is in the car already. I may fix my brows if needed too but I usually wait until I'm parked to fix my makeup.

Respected Contributor

An occasional swipe of a lip balm in the winter,  that's it.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

Absolutley never  while driving a car, even if stopped.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

No!  The only thing I might do at a stop light is put some Blistex on.  Otherwise, my makeup gets put on at home.  I can tell you that at least a few times during my 45 minute commute in the morning that I will see women putting on mascara, eye liner, blush or whatever.  I would dare to say that 99% look to be in the twenty-something age range.  More often than not, someone beeps at them because they are drfting into the neighboring lane or they get beeped at because they haven't noticed that the stop-n-go traffic has started to move again.  I hate getting behind these women.  It's annoying.  They should just get up earlier or wait until they get to work.   Another thing I find annoying is sitting behind a woman in slow moving traffic and watching her twirl a lock of hair with their fingers like there's no tomorrow!  I just want to yell out the wondow "Stop it!".  LOL!!!  Smiley Tongue

Respected Contributor

No.  People seem to want to do everything while they are driving except pay attention to the road.  Texting, talking on the mobile phone, eating, putting on makep.  The majority of accidents are caused by distractions in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

If I'm sitting...sitting.....at a red light, I'll put lipstick on before I arrive to work.  

I am never, EVER on the phone, and no one has to honk for me to go on before we lose the light.

Esteemed Contributor

I keep a tinted lip balm in my car's console and will apply it at red lights........ other that that, NO!  

But I've had friends and co-workers who never even started their makeup routine until they got in their car to drive to work every morning.  One lady I worked with years ago wore hair rollers in her car, and would pull the rollers out one at a time as she walked across the parking lot into the office every morning.  The rest of us would gather at the window to watch her.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:

my husband's niece was driving me somewhere before, and when we were stopped at the light, out came her bulging make up bag and she started painting her face. like a full face! i was totally floored. she did it in no time, quick as a whip and looked really good. she's forever late wherever she goes, so she's gotten so adept at doing that. 

I saw a young woman on the news who sounds just like your niece.  She was devastated  because she had just killed a child while doing her makeup.  She managed to destroy 2 families and her own life.  Now she can sit in her jail cell and think about it.

Honored Contributor

No ... one morning my late husband was broadsided on a CA freeway by a woman who was putting on makeup while coming down the entrance ramp.  Totalled his car ... he had minor cuts and bruises.