Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Like To Look Tan

[ Edited ]

Cat HappyI never tanned but rather would get red and peel.  Once I had 2nd degree burns on my face, upper arms/neck and back.   Out in the country at a lake and playing games in the water with other people.  I was full of blisters and the pain was extreme.  In my early 20's I stopped laying in the sun.  Today I have very good skin and just wrinkles when smiling and I am 67.  I agree that the dark tan looks horrible but people have different taste as to what looks good.   Heart

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I have skin like a redhead.

One summer it took me all summer of staying in the sun almost every day to get a medium tan, I think it faded in one day.

I would like my legs to look like they do in hose, but I am through wearing hose forever!

I tried the Jergens one year, it was ok.   I planned on trying a different brand this year but I'm scared it will turn a weird color.

Super Contributor

I love the look of a tan!  I tan easily and get a nice deep golden color.  Personally, I think a little tan looks good on most people.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Cat HappyI never tanned but rather would get red and peel.  Once I had 2nd degree burns on my face, upper arms/neck and back.   Out in the country at a lake and playing games in the water with other people.  I was full of blisters and the pain was extreme.  In my early 20's I stopped laying in the sun.  Today I have very good skin and just wrinkles when smiling and I am 67.  I agree that the dark tan looks horrible but people have different taste as to what looks good.   Heart

you'd rather get red and peel? lol  wow! Keep that up and you're a great canidate for skin cancer. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi @Jordan2!  I'm fair-skinned and feel that I look better with some color.  My sister moved into a house with a pool last year, so I've been spending more time in the sun last summer and this summer and I look cute with a light tan.  I don't think my skin is capable of getting a very dark tan, maybe if I lived in Florida.  I visited for a few weeks one summer and got dark, but the NJ sun is different than the FL sun.  I also feel my tan fades kind of fast, especially with the use of lotions and potions.  Funnily enough, the tops of my feet tan incredibly easily and they are very dark now.  It's so odd.  They look cute, though.  Smiley Wink

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

here it is almost mid-July and i am pastey white.  i think summer clothes look better on with a little color, but i really don't care.  maybe its just we have been lulled into tanning as being healthy for decades.   if i had a wedding to attend or an event i'd use a tan towel or something...

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

no, but I'll use Tan Towel on my legs before my rare appearances on a beach.

I don't want to frighten children or small animals.

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

you'd rather get red and peel? lol  wow! Keep that up and you're a great canidate for skin cancer. 

@Blingqueen023, I read the word "rather" as meaning "instead" in her sentence. It's often used that way. I don't think that she was saying that liked getting red and then peeling.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Blingqueen023, I read the word "rather" as meaning "instead" in her sentence. It's often used that way. I don't think that she was saying that liked getting red and then peeling.

@suzyQ3 So did I read it that way, but either way tan or red, I've known too many people that tan and even got red and blistered that ended up with skin cancer and that included my brother that was a life guard as a kid.  Later in life your chances of getting skin cancer is great.  It's scary.  

Respected Contributor

I have never cared about being tan.  I am pretty pale, and that is just the way it is.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York