Honored Contributor

I have to say I'm pretty pale, I always pick the lightest color in foundation. I have never cared about looking tanned. I don't sit in the sun, self tan, or use bronzer. My brother (who has passed) use to make fun of me saying I look like I've been in prison. Anyway at my Weight Watchers meeting are  two woman who I know have built in swimming pools and spend a lot of time in the sun. They are so DARK! I don't care for the look, it also accentuates their wrinkles. I may get made fun of but I don't care being pale, and I must say my skin is holding up very well!

Respected Contributor

I'm naturally very fair also.  Never have been a sun worshiper, and now that I'm in my 60s I notice my skin looks a LOT better than people my age and younger who have gotten tan in the past.  Enjoy being fair!!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2@alicedee

I have not ever been a tanner (my skin screams at me).

Use the lightest foundation I can find,

But for a healthy dose of color I rely on blusher; and bronzer when I can find the right shade.

I am an alabaster tone so bronzer often look muddy.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

No, not in any way.

Respected Contributor

One thing I do however....my legs are SO white, that to me they seem like they are lit up Smiley Happy.  If I'm wearing a longer skirt I don't wear hose, but if it's a shorter skirt...I pull on the pantyhose!  I don't like the look of white legs in a pretty dress!  I may experiement with some of the leg makeup one of these days.

Honored Contributor

I do like a little tan, I am naturally olive skinned and I am always tan in the Summer mostly with out working at it, I spend time at the Pool and the Lake and I am always ccareful about the sun

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I have to say I'm pretty pale, I always pick the lightest color in foundation. I have never cared about looking tanned. I don't sit in the sun, self tan, or use bronzer. My brother (who has passed) use to make fun of me saying I look like I've been in prison. Anyway at my Weight Watchers meeting are  two woman who I know have built in swimming pools and spend a lot of time in the sun. They are so DARK! I don't care for the look, it also accentuates their wrinkles. I may get made fun of but I don't care being pale, and I must say my skin is holding up very well!

I'm quite pale, as well and never mind the fair look. The only thing that bothers me is my white legs in summer. I use a gradual self tanning lotion (Jergens in Light to Medium)) that I mix w/ my body lotion to cut it down even more. I apply once a week for a gradual "tan" & I get a tiny bit of color. 

Trusted Contributor

I am also very fair and do not go in the sun.

I also use Jergens in light to medium, mostly to get a little color on my legs.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Respected Contributor

I'm very fair (blonde).  I can't be bothered with self tanners, EXCEPT in the hot summer when I'm wearing a short (below knee) dress to church.  I have a lot of Bare Minerals left over and it still works well, so I only use it on my legs cuz they're stark white!  (I'm 67)

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Like To Look Tan

[ Edited ]

Some people's tan looks very muddy. I was fortunate that mine was a very pretty deep golden color on my light to medium skin, if I don't say so myself. :-)

Grew up at the beach in SoCal. We all tanned. That's what we did. In my 20s and 30s, I still preferred a tan. I just think that I looked better.

But looks pale (pun intended) in comparison to sun-damaged skin. I've had one biopsy (negative) and two bouts of horrendous treatment for actinic keratoses (which can develop into squamous cell carcinoma), something that I don't think that I could do again.

So no more sun for me. And for some reason, I'm just not interested in self-tanning.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland