Trusted Contributor

Do You Have a Spring Skin Care Routine?

[ Edited ]

Hi Beauties!!  Happy Spring.  Although you'd never know it's spring, as it's freezing in my neck of the woods.

It got me thinking, what is your skin care routine?  And does it change with the seasons?  

thanks for reading and responding

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Have a Spring Skin Care Routine?

My routine is the same year round.  

Esteemed Contributor

Me, too, same.

Honored Contributor

I really don't make any changes.  However, when I go on vacation out west in winter I'll add an oil before I go to bed at night.  My favorite one, SSC Olive Oil Mega Omega 3, was discontinued a long time ago and I really haven't found a good replacement.  It goes on so smoothly.  I tried the Skinn Devine Elixer Luminous Facial Oil, but it's kinda tacky.  

Respected Contributor

Not really a big change but I may cut down oils applied at night.  Otherwise about the same year round.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

Just wearing more sunscreen since I'm outside a lot more. With that I need to use more cleansers to remove it. But other than that nothing else is different for spring/summer.

Honored Contributor

As I am combo/oily, must do extra cleansing in the muggy heat.

Tried to switch to a stronger toner for summer, but found extra cleansing is the best for me.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

My routine is the same year-round.  Our weather doesn't have extreme changes so I don't feel the need to change it up.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

I wash my face and use a tinted moisturizer with SPF at night, and an eye cream and a more hydrating moisturizer in the daytime. Same year round, except maybe more oisturizer in the winter, and a spritzer in the summer. Been using pretty much the same thing for decades. I don't wear foundations, bronzers, and all that stuff, so my skin stays pretty good shape--except the wrinkles that come with those decades.

Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

I wash my face and use a tinted moisturizer with SPF at night, and an eye cream and a more hydrating moisturizer in the daytime. Same year round, except maybe more oisturizer in the winter, and a spritzer in the summer. Been using pretty much the same thing for decades. I don't wear foundations, bronzers, and all that stuff, so my skin stays pretty good shape--except the wrinkles that come with those decades.

@KaySD 

May I ask why you use SPF at night?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.