Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Have a Fragrance You Hate to Love?

@AngelPuppy1 

So, I decided --- I loved it, but I hated it because it's so ---- BOOM --- and I no longer go there! 

LOLOL!

Esteemed Contributor

I hate that I'm still missing discontinued fragrances

Sad Squirrel GIFs | Tenor

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

I have a couple of Britney Spears perfumes, too, which I really like!  I feel like I shouldn't like them, but I do!  DH likes them, too!  They don't seem to give me a headache either, which is odd, because perfumes which are way more expensive do make me sick!

An old time perfume which I used to wear was Youth Dew!  I loved it but then I started feeling --- sheesh, this stuff is strong and is it an "old lady" perfume?  Are people going --- oh, no, here she comes --- when I walked into a room???  So, I decided --- I loved it, but I hated it because it's so ---- BOOM --- and I no longer go there!  LOL 

@AngelPuppy1 My friend's mom loved Youth Dew, and it smelled so good onher, but I know what you mean by it being strong. She used to use just a tiny bit but it would last forever, it really meshed with her skin's chemistry and it smelled great on her, so it probably smells really good on you too!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

I have a couple of Britney Spears perfumes, too, which I really like!  I feel like I shouldn't like them, but I do!  DH likes them, too!  They don't seem to give me a headache either, which is odd, because perfumes which are way more expensive do make me sick!

An old time perfume which I used to wear was Youth Dew!  I loved it but then I started feeling --- sheesh, this stuff is strong and is it an "old lady" perfume?  Are people going --- oh, no, here she comes --- when I walked into a room???  So, I decided --- I loved it, but I hated it because it's so ---- BOOM --- and I no longer go there!  LOL 

@AngelPuppy1 My friend's mom loved Youth Dew, and it smelled so good onher, but I know what you mean by it being strong. She used to use just a tiny bit but it would last forever, it really meshed with her skin's chemistry and it smelled great on her, so it probably smells really good on you too!

I remember Youth Dew!

My now deceased aunt used to wear Estee Lauder Private Collection.  It smelled so good on her and was her signature.  I tried it on myself and just a tiny spritz was so strong and gross on me.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

No, my scent choices are quite simple. I usually prefer indie perfumes that are floral/fruity. I often buy from Tocca, Margot Elena, Thymes and Illume. 

Anthropologie used to have a great selection of indie perfumes, but then Covid happened...☹️

Valued Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@monicakm  I am going to take this into another direction. I love Chanel No5 But I hate the cost. So I guess I hate it due to the fact it has gotten so expensive. Woman Sad

I love Chanel No. 5 and thank goodness, I only wear it in the winter! The cost is crazy high!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Esteemed Contributor

Poison.

Honored Contributor

Many many years ago Kiehls came out with a set of (I think) single note fragrances.  I can't remember the theme but it was all natural/nature scents.  I even loved my least favorite and held onto the bottles for years, calling the company every so often to see if they were bringing them back.  Of course no one I ever spoke to  on the phone knew anything.  To this day they remain some of the most intoxicating (not intoxicatingly beautiful) and unique fragrances I've ever worn.  Not necessarily my favorite scents and I didn't get a lot (if any lol) compliments on them.   I sniffed the empty bottles till there was no scent left to sniff.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN 

Aww, thanks!  I definitely think with this one --- less is more!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I hate that I love philosophy fragrances because I bought them and they don't last 5 minutes.  My laundry basket used to smell so good but now I can soak a shirt in any philosopy fragrance and cannot smell it on my shirt when I take it off. I used to wear the Pure Grace and get compliments from people passing by me.  No more...