Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Have A Blush Brush You Love?

@Katcat1 wrote:

I actually have two but use one more often.  The first one I purchased years ago from Bobbi Brown.   However, the one I really love is a fan brush.  The reason is this, you can draw a line with it just above your cheek bone and then brush down and around == it's the best invention.  There is more conrol with the fan brush IMO.  HeartCat Happy

@Katcat1

I'm actually going to be looking for a fan brush today because I'm fair and all of the densely-packed brushes I try seem to pick up too much product and I end up trying to use just an outside edge of the brush - so a fan brush makes sense to me. Glad you like yours.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I use this top-rated ELF brush - $4 

450.jpg

@SilleeMee

I recently purchased two of these Elf blush brushes to replace BE ones that I'd had for many years & that were worn out. I don't care for the Elf ones; I have to use a lot more blush on the brush. It disappears into the brush and doesn't show up on my cheek at all when I use it the way I used my good BE brushes. With my BE brushes I barely used any blush at all and it was enough. I'm shopping for other blush brushes. I don't want to waste product. 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@SilleeMee

I recently purchased two of these Elf blush brushes to replace BE ones that I'd had for many years & that were worn out. I don't care for the Elf ones; I have to use a lot more blush on the brush. It disappears into the brush and doesn't show up on my cheek at all when I use it the way I used my good BE brushes. With my BE brushes I barely used any blush at all and it was enough. I'm shopping for other blush brushes. I don't want to waste product. 

@willdob3,

I think you're right about that. I thought it was the blush I was using that made it seem like I was going through it so fast. Guess I need to look for another brush! Thanks for mentioning this.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@SilleeMee

@willdob3,

I think you're right about that. I thought it was the blush I was using that made it seem like I was going through it so fast. Guess I need to look for another brush! Thanks for mentioning this.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee

The problem is not knowing why it does that. I'm not sure what to look for or to avoid. The brush had been washed so it is not just that it was new. I don't think it is natural vs synthetic bristles either as I've used both before and don't recall this being a problem. 

I got a lot of other Elf brushes at the same time - eyeshadow, liner, concealor - and I like all of them. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recently bought a Docolor buki brush from amazon and it is an amazing little brush. Because of the great quality of that Docolor brush, I think I am going to get their blush brush now.  Walmart has the  Docolor angled blush brush for $7, free shipping. The reviews for the Docolor brushes on amazon are extremely good. This is the one I'm getting from Wmart today. It's sold out on amazon. @willdob3

1cea31b4-2dc9-45a1-abb9-24ec702e2231_1.3a586c37242f60618a6239bea569d29a.jpeg

It looks really dense...this might be the reason why some brushes eat more product, the denser ones don't eat as much product.

1999b7e6-20a8-4472-a681-48b32862fdee_1.6b58bcf195299d261f2ec2d56509e72b.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I use Lancôme blush brush #6

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@willdob3,   I actually am using the fan brush by e.l.f. but I have decided that I want to spend a little more for a more dense fan brush.  However, e.l.f. has some really good products.  The lip exfoliator which is in a lipstick tube is great and the price is even better!    That brush looks very dense for $4 but I am still hooked on the fan brush.  

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

The Handi Brush

@ECBGI love "the Handi" from Jane Iredale. I have used it for years. Great for powder foundation and blush. In fact, I have all her brushes and won't use any others.

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmomI got one of those as well.  It just didn't deposit the color.  I've mashed it to death! trying to get the blush on!   LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@JustJazzmomI got one of those as well.  It just didn't deposit the color.  I've mashed it to death! trying to get the blush on!   LOL!!!

I find the Lancôme, Urban Decay & Clarion blushes come up easily with this brush. I do press down slightly in a sweeping motion across the top to get the powder onto the brush. I tried a 'baked' blush with this brush and hardly got any powder on it. Not sure with baked products which brush to use. Anyone know?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼