Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Enjoy Your Skincare Regimen?

All two minutes of it twice a day? Yes, it's a blast! :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I actually DO enjoy my skincare routine and specialty masks.  I'm not big on self-care, but diet and skincare are the areas where I am.

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  I can't answer your question how it works but its been working for me for a long time. As I said I use a soft washcloth,I don't "just splash water on my face".  My skin is very clear,no clogged pores or acne bumps. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@MoJoV 

You don't have to use any type of cleanser or soap on your face to get it clean?  I hear people say ---oh, I just splash cool water on my face and that's it and I think, really?  How does that work?? 

@AngelPuppy1  @MoJoV  If you don't use any skincare or spf, yes, a spalsh of water could maybe do it, but all skin produces oils, collect bacteria from the air and touching your face. It's always a good idea to use some type of cleanser/toner to clean your face. With Covid now? I'm extra careful about hygiene. 

@Shanus  I'm extra careful about hygiene too.  Thanks for your concern.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I skip a night or two, my skin goes haywire.  So, yes, I enjoy doing it.  Knowing that the results are very real and it keeps my sensitive skin in line is very motivating.  I've aged fairly well, considering all of the time in the sun over the years, and it's strictly because I take care of my skin.  I take care of the skin on my body too.  Working in a field where it is easy to see how well others do or don't take care of the skin on their body is also motivating.  Cell turnover slows as we age.  That's a fact we can't deny, but we can counteract the visible effects of it somewhat with regular maintenance.  

Valued Contributor

My routine is relatively simple. In the morning, I cleanse, treat with Vit C, moisturize, and add SPF. I do not wear make up since I've been homebound due to the pandemic. In the evening, I cleanse, treat with Differin gel, and moisturize. 

Honored Contributor

I started using just water on my face in the AM when my face started getting dry.  That was probably 8 to 10 years ago.  That's all a lot of people need in the morning and you'll find plenty of complexion experts say the same thing.  Course it doesn't work for everyone.

From east Texas WHERE IT'S SNOWING!!!

Honored Contributor

@OkeyDokey 

I skipped taking my makeup off before bed for the first time in years and years and years!  If I'm anything like I was when this happened more often, I'll have devlope a nice pimple by tomorrow Smiley Sad  If all my lotions and potions are doing as good as they appear to be, maybe I won't .

From east Texas...WHERE IT'S SNOWING!!!

Honored Contributor

I can not say I enjoy it....I just do it. 

Respected Contributor

My routine is all Beekman and I love it.  My face soap, morning and night creams.  No complaints and love how my skin feels after.

Deb