Honored Contributor

Do You Enjoy Your Skincare Regimen?

I do.  I've had my current regimen since May.  I've  only missed one night but I did wash my face and add moisturizer.  I think what keeps me so dedicated to it is seeing the transformation. It's like a ritual.  It's glam.  I enjoy it Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Enjoy Your Skincare Regimen?

[ Edited ]

Yes, Mine is simple.  I wash my face, I use Retin A every other night and I use Beekman oil drops every night. I use my Clairsonic a couple times a week. I stop wearing make up about 25 years ago. And I do wear SPF if I'm gonna be in the sun.

Honored Contributor

When I was younger my routines were more adventurous but now I know what to expect so it's not as exciting as it once was. The older I get it becomes more of a chore which has to be done if I want to enjoy what I see in the mirror.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Just something that needs to be done, like flossing.

It is much easier now without makeup.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn’t say I enjoy it. It’s just something I do regularly that’s necessary. My regimen doesn’t have tons of steps & it isn’t complicated. I get a bit excited when I add a new product to my regimen, especially if I see a positive result. 

Honored Contributor

I recently added a moisturizer from Origins that smells like oranges. I look forward to using it. I realize unscented products are supposed to be better for sensitive skin but I love the scent and finally found a product that does what it says it will.....

Honored Contributor

I don't know if I would say I enjoy it.  Still trying to work out what my skin care routine is so trying different things.  Have quite a few things to use up to see what I like, then maybe I can pare it down a bit and see what I'll continue using.  In the meantime, it can feel a bit cumbersome as I try to figure it all out and see what I will use and what I won't.

Trusted Contributor

Yes.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

Uh, yeah. Duh. That's my line of work. Seriously, I do enjoy it.

At night, I light a lavendar calendar at the sink and massage my moisturizer in until it disappears...that means my skin soaked it up and could use another application. That's when I mix in a drop of oil. I have more than a few steps, but have been doing it so long on others and myself that, on me, it's only about 10-15 minutes not incl. flossing/brushing teeth.  

My morning routine is quicker...still a candle, but usually something citrus. It takes about 6 minutes. Funny, I timed it on Monday because a client asked. I cleanse with toner, Vit.C (twice a week now), moisturizer, eye cream and SPF even if staying home...it's a great habit to get into and then you'll never forget to apply your sunscreen. It's a must if using Vit. C, Retin A or any attempt to keep spots/discolored areas at bay. 

Esteemed Contributor

Not much to enjoy here....I wash my face with cold water and a soft washcloth then apply Neutrogena firming moisturizer.  That's it. I'm happy with my skin.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth