Trusted Contributor

Re: Do You Do Your Own Nails O have Them Done???

Do my own nails, have a pro do my toenails.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Valued Contributor

I get a gel manicure twice a month and pedicures as needed at a local spa. Before gels, I got a weekly manicure. It is my treat to myself,

Regular Contributor

@MarieIG Same here.  I've had one professional manicure.  I only did that because it was a treat for me and my granddaughter.  It's worth every penny when I get to share it with my granddaughter.  

Honored Contributor

@ECBG  - I used to get pedi's before the pandemic.  Haven't had once since.  I could never do my own pedi.  I don't have enough patience or talent to do it.

As far as my fingernails, I just keep them trimmed short.

Frequent Contributor

I have had acrylics for 40 years.  I go every two weeks for my fingernails and once a month for a pedicure.  I feel I deserve it.  I never minded taking the time to have them done.  

Esteemed Contributor

I had my nails filled and a manicure in the past. However, One sli went back to college and took a healthcare class, I learned how bad they were for the body. I did not want that material leaching in to my nail beds. I stopped immediately, and have short, file nails

Honored Contributor

I just did my own nails last night.  First time I've tried since 6 fingers went numb.  I did good Smiley Happy  I wanted go to a salon but for the first year after my knee surgery I'm afraid of infection.  And yes, it's happened to me once about 20 years ago.

Honored Contributor

I inherited nails that grow quickly and rarely break. So I do all my own manicures. That way I can splurge on Chanel nail polish.💕

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do my own pedicures, they last for a month or more, saves loads of money. Perfect since I don't care for any body treatments done by strangers- gives me the creeps!  
I have never really cared for polished fingernails, prefer them au natural - The pointy claw look that is the trend these days, I also find very creepy on some hosts- ickkkk. 😬

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@ECBG  - I used to get pedi's before the pandemic.  Haven't had once since.  I could never do my own pedi.  I don't have enough patience or talent to do it.

As far as my fingernails, I just keep them trimmed short.

@San Antonio Gal 

I sit sideways on the deck bench with the inner knee bent and my foot on a piece of paper towel.  With foam toe seperators, I put on a base coat, switch to the other foot, then switching do a color coat, switch; color coat #2, switch high shine coat. 

No talent, just pull the brush along the nail!  I did order pointed q tips for blunders!Smiley Happy 

I use several hard, close sprays of Onyx polish dryer.Smiley Happy