Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Do Your Own Nails O have Them Done???

@JFD12 I've never had either -----------either.

My nails grow so fast - right now having a problem typing - - and strong.

I sit and file and file and file.........ugh  - time I spent getting them nice but under control.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG   if I didn’t  work my server job on Saturday’s, my polish would last longer.  It gets abused, but I have had issues using gel on my hands, and removing it.  Maybe there are better products out there now to try.    

Honored Contributor

@lynnie61 wrote:

@ECBG   if I didn’t  work my server job on Saturday’s, my polish would last longer.  It gets abused, but I have had issues using gel on my hands, and removing it.  Maybe there are better products out there now to try.    

@lynnie61 

OPI products are top notch.

I quit gel nails when I retired from teaching.  

Respected Contributor

Boy, have times changed. Prior to the pandemic I had gel nails done at the nail salon twice a month...had been doing it for over fifteen years. I've not had a professional manicure since Feb. 2020! Now I slap a little Perfect Formula Gel Coat on them here and there when I think about it. I have incredibly strong nails and they grow like crazy. I don't have a clue why. They were good when I was doing manicures and just as good without. I do miss my French manicures, though. Woman Sad     

Regular Contributor

@fthunt  I don't know why, it's just not something that was ever important to me. No way is anyone ever gonna touch my feet ... lol... way too ticklish; I would never, ever be able to sit still! 😂

Football season is coming soon though, I will have no nails left! 🤪 (As I sit here watching " A Football Life" on the NFL Network) ... 😊

Respected Contributor

Timely question. I've had my own natural nails for years. Lately, no matter how I care for them or what creams or products I use, they have been peeling and breaking once a certain length is reached. While I've loved the look of my own self manicured nails with the lightest white-pink polish, it doesn't last. Has become far too labor intensive. 
So about ten days ago I went to a salon. I had tips applied, followed by a dip color, with a gel top coat. I feel so glamorous and my hands are once again one of my better features like when I was younger. 
Originally I thought I would have this done for my upcoming cruise, but now I'm thinking of continuing for a while. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

i do my own

20140624_015036.jpg20150207_192509.jpg20150518_204834.jpg20150803_175704.jpg

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

Do them myself.
Honored Contributor

I only polish my toenails.  My fingernails have never been strong or looked nice, even tho I work at them.

I do my own pedi.  I have friends that go to a salon for both toe and fingernails, rarely do I tag along with them.  

Honored Contributor

Have never had my nails done. They are as short as possible and that's the way I like them.