Respected Contributor

Do L'Oreal hair color numbers correspond with Clairol's Nice 'N Easy hair color numbers? I just ran out of the original Clairol Nice 'N Easy Medium Ash Blonde, 8A 106, and it was discontinued for their new creme that I don't want. I have to change to L'Oreal if I want the liquid that mixes well. When I google L'Oreal Superior Preference Medium Ash Blonde, the result is 7 1/2 A. I tried Clairol's 7A once and it made my hair too dark, but it was called dark ash blonde. I want a medium ash blonde, but idk if the right color in L'Oreal is 7 1/2 A or 8A. Is 8A in L'Oreal the same color as 8A in Clairol? Has anyone else switched to L'Oreal since Clairol changed their formula, and if so was your color number the same?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Do L'Oreal hair colors ...

[ Edited ]

Me, I’d call L’Oreal and ask their excellent consultants your same question. They know exactly what shades correspond to their competitors  because women switch hair color brands for loads of reasons and have to know this so they don’t freak out by making a new hair color “oops”...  it may not be exactly the same as the Clairol, but the L’Oreal customer service will give you a good idea what to expect and what to select for the change of product. 

Here’s the info you need to reach a trained consultant. I took this off the very informative  L’Oreal website. They really know these answers. They have separate advisors for make up, hair, skin products, etc. :

Hair

Phone: 1-800-631-7358

Monday - Friday9:00 AM - 7:00 PM ET

Super Contributor

Re: Do L'Oreal hair colors ...

Sorry I can't help you. I use Clairol Nice N' Easy and they changed the numbers and I think the colors. Good luck.