Valued Contributor

Do IT compacts have a history of breaking?

Just asking because I have one and it isnt used that often and sits gently on my makeup tray..it is the CC compact. Used it last week and the darn thing broke so now the mirror isnt attached. I can live with this, but I like my compacts to stay intact..Jamie, maybe you should take at look at this in terms on manufacturing.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Do IT compacts have a history of breaking?

Same here. Both of my compacts broke within a very short time. I never dropped them and never took them in my purse. I will not buy again. 

Honored Contributor

I've never had that problem and I regularly purchase IT compacts. That would be a bummer, though.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I never had that problem when I was using IT compacts. Mally, on the other hand, did have a problem with that, to my recollection.  I've got a round purse compact of the Face Defender and that thing literally fell apart into three pieces with a lot of product left in the pan.  I think that's why it comes in the square compact now (improved design).  

Respected Contributor

Same for me--I had a Mally compact of a primer powder break immediately. I was not pleased. After that, it wouldn't stay closed and I don't like powder dusting all over or getting dirty. 

I never had an IT compact with an issue. I don't like the matte rubber on the disc compact but I don't like anybody's compact with that finish. It gets smudged and dirty and it's not easy to wash it off. Seems to grab powder and hold it. 

I am still a fan: I use the CC++ cream daily, the disc blush/bronzer/highlighter and I just finished an eyebrow pencil. And I love the trio eyeshadows--soft and pretty and not garish for work. I'm surprised that I like these so much but I think they are very well done. 

Respected Contributor

Never had a problem with IT compacts, I have had issues on occasion with Laura Geller compacts.  

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Super Contributor

I have never had that problem, and I can't even remember how many I've had.  I've used the Celebration foundation, the Illumination one, the Bye Bye one, and various other combo compacts (bronzer/blush/illuminers...that type).  I've bought from QVC, Ulta, and directly from the IT website.  (I have NOT tried the CC compact though; I only have the CC in the tube.)

If you bought it from the Q, it might not hurt to let them know so they can pass it on to Jamie.   Or maybe email Jamie through her website. Most companies want to know how they can improve their products.

Respected Contributor

@blankette wrote:

Just asking because I have one and it isnt used that often and sits gently on my makeup tray..it is the CC compact. Used it last week and the darn thing broke so now the mirror isnt attached. I can live with this, but I like my compacts to stay intact..Jamie, maybe you should take at look at this in terms on manufacturing.

That's too bad.  I have compacts both from qvc and the IT site and they sit on my vanity.  I have had no trouble at all.  Maybe you just got a bad batch.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, they break. I have had several break and it is very frustrating. The big one with blush, bronze and highlighter has been broken a long time. I still have tons of product in there. She definitely needs work on her compacts. All sizes.

New Contributor

Both foundation compacts I have bought have broken- the regular black compact with celebration foundation as well as the white one that holds the celebration illumination foundation.  Neither were dropped and both broke early on.  Quite disappointing.