Respected Contributor

I love to do the one side of the face experiment(one with primer and one without).  I have never found primer to be of any benefit with liquid or cream foundation.  I think if you use moisterizer it has a lot of silcones in it so works kind of like a primer.  That is just my experience.  Also I don't like gooping on serums, moisterizers, spf and primers plus liquid makeup.  I cannot wait wash it all off.  I have, however, found that primer helps with powder foundation if you just let primer dry a few minutes.  I have finally found my holy grail primer and spf after so many dissappointments. It is Coola daydream mineral primer with 30 spf.  I have combination/oily 68 year old skin.   I do think it would work on any skin type but cannot vouch for anything but mine.

Esteemed Contributor

I will add to my earlier post that all face primers need to "set" for a few minutes before applying foundation on top.   Otherwise, you may get a gooey mess or serious pilling.   I had bad luck with primers until I heard some make-up guru say this on TV.  So, if you've used a face primer and didn't like the results, try letting the primer set for up to 5 minutes before applying foundation on top.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt