Honored Contributor

Re: Do Happy I Found My BM Blush!

@rockygems123 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Bare Minerals "Beauty" was sold out.

I found it on ebay!!!!

Yeah!!!

@ECBG 

That's great you found it!  Ebay can be a great source even for cosmetics. I've been selling primarily jewelry on ebay for 26 years & there are stringent rules sellers need to follow. Even if a seller has a no return policy there is an ebay guarantee that if item is not as described i.e. product is old you are guaranteed a refund.

When my lipstick was discontinued I loaded up from various ebay sellers, no issues at all. 

@rockygems123  and @ECBG  - I am also a seller on Ebay and a long time buyer on Ebay.  You have ZERO risks purchasing on Ebay.  As @rockygems123 stated, you are guaranteed a refund if there is ever an issue.

As I've mentioned before, there is no way Ebay would be as successful as it is if it was a shady operation.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I totally agree, I have been buying cosmetics on ebay since 2004, very few issues in all these years.  It has been the only way I can afford to try new things and higher priced products. 

Valued Contributor

It isn't that ebay is a shady operation or even that individual sellers are crooked in some way, there is a very real risk that the goods purchased are stolen.  Organized theft has a lot of steps between the person that steals the goods and when the goods end up in the hands of the ebay seller or end purchaser. 

There are circumstances where large quantities of goods are sold to a diverter/distributor and then are purchased by a legitimate retail source.  This is one of the ways you end up with a seller that is not an authorized seller of a product.

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

Absolutely but like anything else there can be bad apples. That's why it's so imperative to look for sellers that have a LOT of sales and a high positive rating.  I mostly stick with sellers with no less than 99.7% positive ratings. In all my years of buying on eBay I've had one bad transaction where eBay stepped in and refunded my money.  I've bought nearly all of my jars of Tatcha day and night creams from eBay.  The rice wash also.