Respected Contributor

Re: Do Any of You use a Stick Foundation?

I am using Kristofer Buckle stick foundation and I love it.  It feels very light but has great coverage.

Honored Contributor

@Funloving wrote:

@suzyQ3

This helps.  Thanks.  I'm extremely dry.

P.S.  Very sorry to involve you (inadvertently) in any controversial post.  I promise you that was not my intention- and think, at least hope you know that.

Trust me. You didn't. Heart

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi again @suzyQ3,

I appreciate all the information about the Lancome Foundation.  I've been paring down like crazy, trying to make room in my bathroom for items I'm only using.  It had gotten out of hand.  Right now both of my under-sink cabinets are bare while I use one small makeup bag of things and everything else is stuck in a box for now.  I thought about getting rid of this Bobbi Brown foundation stick.  I'm not in the market for ANY makeup right now.  The match is so good, I feel I need to give it another fair trial first.  But, it's new, I wonder if cleaned with alcohol, one of the battered women's shelters would take it.

I do appreciate you going into great detail about the Lancome version & will keep in mind for future if I find I like sticks in general.  (So far I can say I have not.. but you never know).  This sounds like a good one.  I can no longer wear Vibrancy- too heavy no matter the application, so I'm back to light powder over Paula's Oil Booster.  I'm not kidding when I say I'm  painfully dry.  I keep moisturized constantly.

This oil is applied after all my other morning treatments.

Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Funloving

I just started using a stick foundation from the recent Tarte TSV and I love it!  It came with a brush but this morning I applied it with a Beautyblender and really like how it looked.  I don't find it heavy looking/feeling but admit that this is my first foundation stick so don't have anything to compare it to.

Honored Contributor

I've never had good luck with stick foundation. They always feel heavy and greasy on me.

Respected Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@Funloving

I just started using a stick foundation from the recent Tarte TSV and I love it!  It came with a brush but this morning I applied it with a Beautyblender and really like how it looked.  I don't find it heavy looking/feeling but admit that this is my first foundation stick so don't have anything to compare it to.

Aww, Thanks so much @JudyL.  This made sense to me since I apply all cream foundations with a damp BB to sheer them out.  So glad to hear you're having success with the Tarte foundation.  It's kind of tough, at least for me, to find one I really love.  Hope it continues to work well for you! Heart

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I've never had good luck with stick foundation. They always feel heavy and greasy on me.

I hear you loud and clear @JeanLouiseFinchThanks for your input, much like my past experience. xo

Respected Contributor

Based on your good review of the product @suzyQ3, I bought it. I never liked liquid or stick foundation. Until this one. It's light, non greasy and feels silky on the skin. I use it almost as a concealer,  just on spots that need a bit of coverage. I was color matched at ULTA and they did a great job.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Respected Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Based on your good review of the product @suzyQ3, I bought it. I never liked liquid or stick foundation. Until this one. It's light, non greasy and feels silky on the skin. I use it almost as a concealer,  just on spots that need a bit of coverage. I was color matched at ULTA and they did a great job.

Thanks for the recommendation!

I've received so many good recs from several on this forum.  @suzyQ3 is certainly right up there with others-- & I trust her.  If I recall she likes a lighter foundation, just like @HappyDaze. Thanks for adding to this @Ms tyrion2.  Once I get rid of my excess, I may just have to check it out at Ulta, only a few blocks away.  You make it sound almost irresistable.. lol.

Regular Contributor

yes i rotate foundations saving the stick foundation for winter months when I need more moisturizing foundation.  i use and love bobbi brown stick and wander stick foundation, both are equally good for my dry skin.  I apply directly from the stick and blend with foundation brush.  You can vary the amount of coverage (sheer to medium to full) by technique used....eg. wet a sponge and apply to sheer it out. 

I am sure you could probably donate it though as you mentioned if you really don't think you will get use of it.  Smiley Happy