Respected Contributor

Re: Do Any of You use a Stick Foundation?

@indiepup wrote:

yes i rotate foundations saving the stick foundation for winter months when I need more moisturizing foundation.  i use and love bobbi brown stick and wander stick foundation, both are equally good for my dry skin.  I apply directly from the stick and blend with foundation brush.  You can vary the amount of coverage (sheer to medium to full) by technique used....eg. wet a sponge and apply to sheer it out. 

I am sure you could probably donate it though as you mentioned if you really don't think you will get use of it.  Smiley Happy

@indiepup=

Thanks for taking the time to write and glad to hear you've used the BB Stick Foundation.  I'm thinking you're right.  I've only tried it once, so while it's new, it's been used.  Tomorrow I have to be on set for production and will get up early enough to try it and wash it off if it doesn't work.  Never mind. That's too much work after applying all the moisturizers I do. haha  I swear, I loved being young and low maintenance. Who didn't!?  I might save it for a day I'm playing around. The first time I didn't use w/ a beauty blender.  I must have used a brush.  I've had it a while.  Over moisturized skin it's worth another try.  Sometimes I don't like something at first try... then find it invaluable. 

I could use it more as a concealer like @Ms tyrion2 does - but not under my eyes where I like to go a shade lighter. I'm lucky there's not much to conceal- at least right now, but I live in skincare & might be good to have for a more polished look.

BTW, the pink font is in honor of your name which I love.  Not to sound like Dolly Downer...normally not fond of pink.  Especially since used for Breast Cancer Awareness month- for totally personal reasons. I'm never offended when a friend calls me "pink sister."  That's a term of endearment really.  I love pale pink in small touches, like a beaded bracelet I own out of pink onyx I think. I bought a bunch for my friends with BC, long before I became one of them and learned too much about The SGK Foundation.  To each her own, right?  I wear so much black, pale pink is a nice touch. 

Pinkbrownie is a very cool name.  I like!  Just out of curiosity, may I ask if it symbolizes anything?

I'm giving this foundation a fair shot.  Thanks again.  xx

Honored Contributor

@Funloving,   First of all I use Real Techniques facial sponge that is in the shape of an egg with a point at the top.  They are light orange color.  Washes beautifully because you can squeeze the sponge (it's not hard).  I use Laura Mercier's oil-free tinted moisturizer.  The shade is perfect for me Fair Cool and it leaves such a beautiful finish on your skin.  I prefer the oil-free although my skin is normal because of the consistency.  Did you think of changing to one of Bobbi's other foundations or her CC or tinted moisturizer?  Today foundation doesn't need to hide every little flaw.  You look more beautiful when your skin shines through.  I guess if someone has bad skin they may want more coverage.  Whatever, you all are still beautiful!

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I've been using the Bobbi Brown stick foundation for several months. I've used a flat top brush to apply and it works well. I've also used my fingers to blend and that works even better. I found that with this foundation that its important that I prep my skin with a moisturizer and primer. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Funloving,   First of all I use Real Techniques facial sponge that is in the shape of an egg with a point at the top.  They are light orange color.  Washes beautifully because you can squeeze the sponge (it's not hard).  I use Laura Mercier's oil-free tinted moisturizer.  The shade is perfect for me Fair Cool and it leaves such a beautiful finish on your skin.  I prefer the oil-free although my skin is normal because of the consistency.  Did you think of changing to one of Bobbi's other foundations or her CC or tinted moisturizer?  Today foundation doesn't need to hide every little flaw.  You look more beautiful when your skin shines through.  I guess if someone has bad skin they may want more coverage.  Whatever, you all are still beautiful!

There you are @Katcat1!!!  (And SO ARE YOU!^^^)

It's SO good to hear from you, ma' dear.  I'ved missed your larger than life upbeat, positive spirit which fills this forum with those great vibes of "KatCat's in 'da House!"   WooHoo!!!   I sincerely hope all has been going just the way you want, beautiful lady. Heart

Guess what?  I'm on Amazon's Subscribe and Save- Are you familiar?  When buying any 5 items in a given month you get 15% off the total order.  Plus the usual perks of changing your monthly date and frequency with 2-day free ship.  The Real Techniques BB 2-pack of sponges are the only way I roll, & have almost since they were released. So for a while now I get my two pack every 3 months or so through Subscribe & Save at the best price I've found.  I see no need to buy the brand name when our orange RT's are so awesome.  It's like calling tissue Kleenex.. I refer to my RT sponges as BBs.  But they're truly better!

You're a gem and I'm so glad you wrote!  Take good care dearest lady.. I've been on a long forum sabbatical up until last Friday (maybe??- great memory- NOT} and LOVE reading any post with YOUR name attached.  YOU make every forum beauty feel so good, besides being a knowledgeable and truly valued member!  Hope you know how much YOU ROCK my lovely!  HeartHeart

We've got it COVERED!  LOL

ETA:  I love many BB products, but her foundation isn't my cup of tea normally. Unless she's come out with some awesome new formulations.  I had a panic attack when I couldn't find my BB Tawny Blush.  Of course I ordered another and promptly found it- (the law of averages doncha know- wash your car it rains) But I'd hit pan long ago, so it was time anyway.  Luv, Luv, Luv LM's Tinted Moisturizer and have in Sand.  Thanks for the reminder though.  That's one I will keep for sure.  Mine isn't oil free.  Once I toss and give away everything, I can take better inventory of what I really need.  Probably Nada!

Honored Contributor

@Funloving,   I remember your name now.  Hi gorgeous!  Good to see you back and thank you for saying such lovely things about me.  Check out Rhiana's new makeup line.  Her foundation has many, many shades and different undertones.  It's at Sephora.  I plan on checking it out myself because it is reasonably priced but I have to check out the consistency and read the details.  I am so glad you are back.  I start a thread on Fridays for Beauty Purchases & Reviews so please join us.  Even if you don't buy anything come by and say hi.  Believe it or not, I started my Christmas shopping.  I only buy for friends as I am happily divorced.  I have a really good friend that loves Amazon and I know she gets the discount too.  I don't purchase enough to use it.  I buy some of beauty items at iherb.com because I get free shpg. at $20.  I don't think I ever answered your question about stick foundation.  I believe I tried so many years ago but I don't need a lot of coverage, or that is, don't like it so I stick with the tinted moisturizer.  Now if I can find a medium coverage lightweight foundation for the winter, I would use it sometimes.  I hope to see you around the forum and the happiest of holidays to you.  Kathy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Funloving wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Based on your good review of the product @suzyQ3, I bought it. I never liked liquid or stick foundation. Until this one. It's light, non greasy and feels silky on the skin. I use it almost as a concealer,  just on spots that need a bit of coverage. I was color matched at ULTA and they did a great job.

Thanks for the recommendation!

I've received so many good recs from several on this forum.  @suzyQ3 is certainly right up there with others-- & I trust her.  If I recall she likes a lighter foundation, just like @HappyDaze. Thanks for adding to this @Ms tyrion2.  Once I get rid of my excess, I may just have to check it out at Ulta, only a few blocks away.  You make it sound almost irresistable.. lol.

I like this stick foundation, too, @Funloving.  I have a BB one but it doesn’t glide on as smoothly as the Lancôme.  Stick foundations are great for traveling — no spills.

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Funloving wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Based on your good review of the product @suzyQ3, I bought it. I never liked liquid or stick foundation. Until this one. It's light, non greasy and feels silky on the skin. I use it almost as a concealer,  just on spots that need a bit of coverage. I was color matched at ULTA and they did a great job.

Thanks for the recommendation!

I've received so many good recs from several on this forum.  @suzyQ3 is certainly right up there with others-- & I trust her.  If I recall she likes a lighter foundation, just like @HappyDaze. Thanks for adding to this @Ms tyrion2.  Once I get rid of my excess, I may just have to check it out at Ulta, only a few blocks away.  You make it sound almost irresistable.. lol.

I like this stick foundation, too, @Funloving.  I have a BB one but it doesn’t glide on as smoothly as the Lancôme.  Stick foundations are great for traveling — no spills.

Thanks for your input @tansy.  I do appreciate.  Some of my best recs have come from both @suzyQ3 and @HappyDaze.  This is precisely why I purchased the foundation stick- for travel.  I've never been totally happy with any Bobbi Brown foundation samples but remember a friend raving about it.

We'll see...

Contributor

I use Skinn Cosmetics Stick Foundation it's water-proof, covers everything without being thick, it's wonderful! To apply it I use his make-up brush & just swipe it across the stick & apply it to my face as & where needed. I really like this application process, I found swiping the stick across my face left too much product. You can can find his products on Evine. Hope this helps. 😁
Honored Contributor

I agree with @suzyQ3 that the Lancôme stick foundation is pretty good. I sampled it at a Sephora and liked it. I am fair skinned and tried 210 Buff N.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Ever since I started using A Beauty Blender Sponge with my foundation(Laura Mercier), I love it......1st of all I use way less foundation and it blends in seamlessly and looks great, not cakey at all. I love the result from using this sponge damp.....I also use one for my finishing powder and it is great as well.......So maybe try something like that, it may not be your foundation, but the technique or application!